Career Agent Contract Advice

Who offers the best career agent contract?

• MetLife

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New York Life

• Northwestern

• Guardian

• John Hancock

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LeadersOrDie

Hello All,

I have been in the industry for the past four years now with fair success (making 100k), however I am mulling a change. I have been pursused by boutique Financial Planning office of Mass Mutual for the past year and I am considering their offer. Which got me looking around and I have narrowed it down to Mass Vs NY LIfe. From my perspective the Mass office has a far superior platform as well as process however NY Life has a far better comp system in place. NY Life offers a defined benefit retirement plan, a so called "expense allowance" which offers me a production based salary of anywhere from 30k-60k along with overrides of upwards of 30-40% on top of my 55% payouts for the first three years. In addition NY life will offer full payouts as soon as business is turned in with a check before the cases are even underwritten whereas Mass will only release commissions once the delivery reciepts are submitted. Expenese as Mass are 11k for the year and NY life is about 5k but the expesne allowance more than covers that. If it was not about compensation at all I would surely go with the Mass office but the reality is that comp is extremely important to me. The only thing is that the mass office has open architecture NY Life does not (especially on the investment side) and the Mass office is much more presentable, more polished advisors, more skiled advisors, a nicer office, better training from what it appears and an all around better vibe. I am very torn. Any advice from someone who has worked for either company would be helpful...I am also very interested to hear from a current or former NY Life agent to further clarify their expense allowance program...it all just seems too good to be true.

Thank You,

Matt

Back