Career Agent with United Health?

Wellcare-terrible network in Palm Beach County

Aetna and Coventry will be leaving Florida by 2018 if the Humana merger goes through, another waste of time.

Im hearing that dr. Network in n.palm beach for united is weak. Anyone else experience this?

----------

Wellcare-terrible network in Palm Beach County

Aetna and Coventry will be leaving Florida by 2018 if the Humana merger goes through, another waste of time.

Whats your opinion on United Dr. network in palm beach (north and south)?

Im hearing that dr. Network in n.palm beach for united is weak. Anyone else experience this?

----------

It's fine and their PPO plan has no deductible for Out of Network so OON doctor's office visits are just a higher copay rather than totally out of pocket

It's fine and their PPO plan has no deductible for Out of Network so OON doctor's office visits are just a higher copay rather than totally out of pocket

Im hearing that n.p.beach dr. network is weak....thats why humana has market share. Any truth to that?

I've already given you my answer, if you want a different answer ask someone else or, better yet, go research it yourself

Sorry, double post.

I was at a United Sem., when i posted that message, and one of the agents there was saying this (about the dr.networks in palm beach), that's where i got the info.

Anyway, Humana has a large presence in pb because they have been there longer. Not sure what kinda competition they are gonna get from United, Aetna/Coventry, etc.?

Sorry, double post.

I was at a United Sem., when i posted that message, and one of the agents there was saying this (about the dr.networks in palm beach), that's where i got the info.

Anyway, Humana has a large presence in pb because they have been there longer. Not sure what kinda competition they are gonna get from United, Aetna/Coventry, etc.?

UHC also has a very strong presence in South Florida as well as statewide.

Why worry about this, get contracted with both companies, review plans from both with new clients, and let them decide, one or the other usually pops up as a clear winner once you do that.

----------

Just got off the phone with my FMO rep.

After talking with him, I would seriously doubt that United will make that big a dent in the palm beach market.

The Humana network is much stronger in PB, because they pay their doctors more. When you look at the dr. network you will see. Dr's are pushing Humana because they are established there in PB.

Unless UNITED does something to reimburse their Dr's. more than Humana, i seriously doubt that United will gain anymore market share.

Also, Humana's PPO is coming out with another plan address mistakes they made in the past.

And don't forget about Aetna/coventry. United is going to have a tough uphill battle.

Anyway, that's my opinion (for what its worth)

After talking with him, I would seriously doubt that United will make that big a dent in the palm beach market.

The Humana network is much stronger in PB, because they pay their doctors more. When you look at the dr. network you will see. Dr's are pushing Humana because they are established there in PB.

Unless UNITED does something to reimburse their Dr's. more than Humana, i seriously doubt that United will gain anymore market share.

Also, Humana's PPO is coming out with another plan address mistakes they made in the past.

And don't forget about Aetna/coventry. United is going to have a tough uphill battle.

There is about a billion old farts in south florida so everybody's going to get their share especially the carriers that market themselves well ie. Humana,UHC etc.

In North Fl Aetna has the best network but UHC kills them because of marketing .Of course with UHC medicare products having the AARP attached to it helps them a hell of a lot more than it hurts them.

UHC already has a big market for their plans in Palm Beach County, I don't know where you get your information.

The reason (other than longevity and name recognition) is that the OON deductible is $0 and Humana's PPO is $975. I have a number of clients who, when they call their doctors, are told they don't take Humana or UHC in network but with UHC the copay is just higher rather than completely out of pocket.

Humana's PPO plan has ancillary benefits (fitness, dental, vision) that UHC has dropped in the past few years but if the doctor isn't in network it's a waste of time.

I have lots of clients on both plans, unless you are captive there is absolutely no reason to only offer one. I never know when I meet with a client initially which plan they are likely to prefer, it's a function of a variety of things individual to the client

I have to agree I offer humana AARP Aetna as well as a few others and I have client on AARP that would be better off with a humana or another but just want AARP

The year that AARP dropped all those doc's and got all that bad press I had a client that lost every doctor and I was able to get better package with Humana with the dental he wanted but he said I would just rather stay AARP.

I still have him on that AARP plan today

Back