Career Change - Life Insurance Agent

MagicMike

Hey community!! My name is Mike i lived in Europe for 16 years i recently moved back to the US.

I got an interview for New York Life and "passed" all 3 stages . I would really appreciate if you guys could educate me a little about this career path since we are in 2017. ( Got an interview with Northwestern Mutual on Thursday)

1- Is becoming a life insurance agent still profitable to start in 2017 and build a career out of it ... is it really " hard work = hard pay" ?

2- By average what should i expect my 1st annual income to be like?

3- Is there a more lucrative industry to begin in ? broker? stock? or is life insurance the TOP?

4- from what i have been researching NYL & NW mutual are the best companies to work for?

In general i have no experience but am willing to give 150% ... can you guys help me out ?

Thank you so much !!!;)

Hey community!! My name is Mike i lived in Europe for 16 years i recently moved back to the US.

I got an interview for New York Life and "passed" all 3 stages . I would really appreciate if you guys could educate me a little about this career path since we are in 2017. ( Got an interview with Northwestern Mutual on Thursday)

1- Is becoming a life insurance agent still profitable to start in 2017 and build a career out of it ... is it really " hard work = hard pay" ?

2- By average what should i expect my 1st annual income to be like?

3- Is there a more lucrative industry to begin in ? broker? stock? or is life insurance the TOP?

4- from what i have been researching NYL & NW mutual are the best companies to work for?

In general i have no experience but am willing to give 150% ... can you guys help me out ?

Thank you so much !!!;)

I don't have enough information to give you a personalized response so I'll respond based on the information you've volunteered.
Yes, it's possible to make a six figure income selling insurance if you're good at sales, have found a lucrative niche, and have a steady lead source.
Being licensed with only one company is going to hurt you $$ wise.
The problem you have is you can only sell the products that company offers.
Your other problem is lead generation.
My guess is that these organizations are going to tell you to try and sell policy's to all your friends and family then network to sell the rest...good luck with that!
As an agent coming in new my best advice would be to find a good FMO to partner with and find a good lead source...typically the FMO will assist you with this.
You also need to get licensed in more than one state - lookup reciprocity as it relates to your current license.
Lastly you must learn to sell over the phone in addition to face to face.
If these suggestions cannot be handled, you'll be setting yourself up for failure.
Best of luck!

Back