Career Opportunities

LVGUY

Expert
Many insurance sales positions posted online on Indeed and Craigslist begin with a blind ad posting a webinar to be followed up with questions you can ask a recruiter. Some of these opportunities I have no interest immediately. However some I am seriously interested in and need time to review the contract and conduct due diligence. However training often occurs within a few days online or there is a local seminar after which a decision must be made immediately. What verbiage can you convey to these firms that you have an interest, need more time and want agent testimonials. Apparently that is a confidentiality issue. It appears that if you do not make a decision immediately they say you are not the right fit. Thank you. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Since YOU are the one taking on the risk, if THEY say you are not the right fit, NEITHER ARE THEY. Unless they are paying you a salary for a while, you should take ALL the time you need.

Don't worry about it. There are LOTS of opportunities available.

They are doing you a favor, on multiple levels, when they tell you that you are not a good fit. Just say thank you and move on, you'll be glad you did.

I be more worried if they say your a good fit, you look around and see that "everybody is a good fit."

It actually is that type of organization, he's just annoying them because he doesn't jump all over it right away. They've learned to steer clear of anyone who puts some thought into it.

Just my opinion of course.

Many insurance sales positions posted online on Indeed and Craigslist begin with a blind ad posting a webinar to be followed up with questions you can ask a recruiter. Some of these opportunities I have no interest immediately. However some I am seriously interested in and need time to review the contract and conduct due diligence. However training often occurs within a few days online or there is a local seminar after which a decision must be made immediately. What verbiage can you convey to these firms that you have an interest, need more time and want agent testimonials. Apparently that is a confidentiality issue. It appears that if you do not make a decision immediately they say you are not the right fit. Thank you. Any feedback would be appreciated.

LVGUY, That seems a little off to me since they are pushing you to make a decision. I would just be straight forward and ask for exactly the information you need to make a decision. In my opinion, any decent agency should be able to provide you with some testimonials from their agents who have experienced success. If they refuse to provide the info you ask for then they are not the right fit for you. There's nothing wrong with that. Just keep your head up and keep searching until you find the right place. Best of luck to you as you search to find a home in this industry.

Back