Career Progression

Tommy Dakota

I have been working as a Financial Services Representative in Annuities for a couple of years now. Basically in a call center environment talking to customers, agents etc. I never had any insurance experience prior to this. I haven't done much research but I was wondering what kind of things I could realistically move into down the road from this kind of position?

You can move into just about anything in as many ways.

It be due to luck, could be by design.

Best thing you can do is decide what you want to do by taking classes in the various phases of insurance and then go look for trainee jobs.

You can move into just about anything in as many ways.

It be due to luck, could be by design.

Best thing you can do is decide what you want to do by taking classes in the various phases of insurance and then go look for trainee jobs.

What kind of classes could I take? Where would they be available?

I'd take CLU courses from The American College. After that, I'd take ChFC courses, then probably RICP for retirement income planning.

Your current employer should pay for them.

I have been working as a Financial Services Representative in Annuities for a couple of years now. Basically in a call center environment talking to customers, agents etc. I never had any insurance experience prior to this. I haven't done much research but I was wondering what kind of things I could realistically move into down the road from this kind of position?

I'm confused as to your role since most companies would segregate those who talk to agents and those who talk to customers.

Is this a really small company or are you in some type of operational position?

I'm confused as to your role since most companies would segregate those who talk to agents and those who talk to customers.

Is this a really small company or are you in some type of operational position?

I talk to both regarding various annuity contracts and it's not a small company. I am being vague because I don't want to say who I work for specifically.

I talk to both regarding various annuity contracts and it's not a small company. I am being vague because I don't want to say who I work for specifically.

Understood.

Outside of senior management (which is going to have a similar career track as any other industry), your external wholesalers likely have the most lucrative jobs.

You'll have to be willing to move anywhere and most start in marketing on the sales desk. It is an awesome gig, though.

I did it for 10 years before I went out on my own and I would do it again if I was just getting started.

Back