Careful Knocking on Those Doors Out There

Newby

Guru
5000 Post Club
I spoke with a mailman yesterday that was attacked by two Dogs last week. One Pit Bull and one Blue Healer. This guy was ALL chewed up.

He has a certified letter that needed a signature. It was a ratty house with no screen door. Lady opens the door and two dogs pounce out and attack him. He falls back on the couch on the porch (yes this is in Kentucky) and starts trying to stomp the dogs to death with his legs. By the time he stomps them off of him he is all bloody and chewed up.

This guy's legs and arms had bite marks all over him. I've been bit by several dogs but I've not had anything like what this guy looked like a week later.

Turns out the same dogs have attacked a previous mailman too.

The post office sends an investigator out and...says the dogs are not vicious. They are requiring the house gets a PO box for their mail but that's the end of it.

I guess the dogs will need to kill a kid or something before anything is done about them.

I'm a dog lover but this is crazy. This mailman isn't the type to make waves. I sure would.

So first lesson make sure the home has a screen door. Second lesson if your the mail man carry concealed and blow the dam dogs away :)

Norwayguy said:
So first lesson make sure the home has a screen door. Second lesson if your the mail man carry concealed and blow the dam dogs away :)

This guy had mace on him. No time to get it out.

Back