Carlo Motta - Insurance Associates

TheSalesWolf

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Stay away from this company out of Arizona. They are general agents for several companies and offer pretty decent contracts. However I have had a couple of agents tell me that at renewals they went in and called their book of business and write them on new policies through their own agency.

That is about the most classless thing I have ever heard.

You lost me. So an agent under them writes an Assurant deal and the business belongs to that agent. Then at renewal someone from Insurance Associates calls their client and flips 'em to another carrier and Insurance Associates keeps a new 1st year commish for themselves? If that would be proven they'd lose their GA contracts.

I heard of several life agencies doing the same thing, yet they still have their contracts. Maybe the Carriers really don't care anymore or some should I say, wouldn't want to brush with a broad stroke.

The clients were under this agent for Continental General. Which Motta was the agent's GA for Continental.At their year renewals the Insurance Associates called them up and switched them to Assurant and took all first year commissions.

Kevin, (The agent that got hosed) called up Assurant and let him know what happened but apparently Motta and the gang produce $6 million annualized premium with Assurant and they aren't doing anything about it.

I'd need to know if the agents had assigned commissions and the business didn't belong to them. However, I know of Carlo and to the best of my knowledge everyone is company direct, gets paid directly by the carriers (except GR) and owns their own business. If that's the case Insurance Associates cannot call those clients without the agent's permission.

The clients were under this agent for Continental General. Which Motta was the agent's GA for Continental.At their year renewals the Insurance Associates called them up and switched them to Assurant and took all first year commissions.

Kevin, (The agent that got hosed) called up Assurant and let him know what happened but apparently Motta and the gang produce $6 million annualized premium with Assurant and they aren't doing anything about it.

Lol, yeah, doubtful Assurant gonna be too harsh when he flipped Continental business over to Assurant. The probably punished him with a stong lobster dinner. Now, if he's taking Assurant biz at the 12 month mark and flipping it to other carriers, now Assurant could care.

Sound like Kevin has a nice civil suit though.

I'd need to know if the agents had assigned commissions and the business didn't belong to them. However, I know of Carlo and to the best of my knowledge everyone is company direct, gets paid directly by the carriers (except GR) and owns their own business. If that's the case Insurance Associates cannot call those clients without the agent's permission.

If they are paid directly through the IA then can't the agency call the clients at renewal and flip them w/out having issues of the writing agent who signed them up. That's a bit unethical but does make you think.

I can't speak for GR or World, but with Assurant the business belongs to the GA, not the agent. Rolling business would not violate the GA contract.

I suspect that a carrier like Assurant will facilitate this type of douchebaggary because if a GA is in the business of rolling clients, they know that any loss will be replaced by clients being rolled from someone else.

Hopefully your GA has your back, clearly no one else does.

What about reporting them to places like the BBB or even the state insurance commissioner where they are based?

Not only is this a company to avoid, he does not pay his rent and has a judgment against him for 7500.00. Avoid this person at all costs. Please
feel free to contact me at [email protected] if you have any
questions or thoughts.

----------

Back