Carrier Advice from Seasoned FE Agents

kcinsc

Expert
New FE agent here in South Carolina just getting started,

Im contracted with numerous carrier but getting overwhelmed by all the guidelines etc. and would like to narrow it down to 1 go to company and 2 others for backup and I already know I need Gerber GI from reading the forums.

Out of these carriers which 2 or 3 would you recommend for being able to cover majority of clients and ease of use for new agent as far as submitting apps

Royal Neighbors, LBL, SNL, Forresters,AIG, Settlers, GW, Mutual of Omaha, transamerica

Was leaning on having RNA as top and then GW and RNA as others and of course gerber for GI.

Is that a good lineup? In SC so will be a lot of diabetic and overweight applicants.
thanks in advance for the advice, Ive learned a lot from you guys

----------

meant lbl as third put rna twice

Im contracted with numerous carrier but getting overwhelmed by all the guidelines etc. and would like to narrow it down to 1 go to company and 2 others for backup and I already know I need Gerber GI from reading the forums.

Out of these carriers which 2 or 3 would you recommend for being able to cover majority of clients and ease of use for new agent as far as submitting apps

Royal Neighbors, LBL, SNL, Forresters,AIG, Settlers, GW, Mutual of Omaha, transamerica

Was leaning on having RNA as top and then GW and RNA as others and of course gerber for GI.

Is that a good lineup? In SC so will be a lot of diabetic and overweight applicants.

----------

That's not a bad line up at all. I know some agents also recommend KSKJ, but you have to find an IMO/GA that already has them available.

As far as GI companies go, Gerber pays 60% and AIG pays 80%. The prices are comparable, so you might want to look at AIG again.

GW is going to be a fall-back company that you'll use only when you can get them level coverage. In other words, it's the last alternative before going GI.

----------

From that mix I'd go Foresters, LBL and Settlers(for the fatties). GWIC for GI and the occasional hard case Level. I know it's not on your list, but Equitable's competitive, has niches and is paperless (voice sig).

Disclaimer: I'm not a "real" FE guy.

That's not a bad line up at all. I know some agents also recommend KSKJ, but you have to find an IMO/GA that already has them available.

As far as GI companies go, Gerber pays 60% and AIG pays 80%. The prices are comparable, so you might want to look at AIG again.

GW is going to be a fall-back company that you'll use only when you can get them level coverage. In other words, it's the last alternative before going GI.

Unfortunately KSKJ isn't in SC...

You'll be fine with RNA, LBL, & Gerber. RNA alone will approve 99.9% of people you come across with LEVEL rates including insulin diabetics, neuropathy, AFIB, Felonies, & Bipolar to name a few.

Let me know if you'd like a copy of my Underwriting Cheat Sheet.

You'll be fine with RNA, LBL, & Gerber. RNA alone will approve 99.9% of people you come across with LEVEL rates including insulin diabetics, neuropathy, AFIB, Felonies, & Bipolar to name a few.

Let me know if you'd like a copy of my Underwriting Cheat Sheet.

Seconded...

Plus, if you're brand new, having telesales apps will limit a lot of frustrating amendment issues new agents typically run into.

Keep in mind you'll want to add more carriers you're willing to write fairly quickly, as you will get replaced if you don't.

Back