Carrier Appointments on Business Cards

cwatkins44

I recently became an independent life agent. I will be selling life, annuities, disability, group, and final expense insurance. Should I list the names of the companies I am appointed with on back of my business cards?

Please advise, and thank you for help!

I recently became an independent life agent. I will be selling life, annuities, disability, group, and final expense insurance. Should I list the names of the companies I am appointed with on back of my business cards?

Most important things on business cards:
Name
Occupation
Contact information

It'll change... you'll always add new carriers as the market changes (unless you fail like the other 92% of agents...)

You meet with someone and they begin to rant about a problem they had with XYZ company. You listen and then write them coverage with ABC company.. You certainly don't want XYZ company on your card. :no:

Do you have any type of message on back of your cards?

See other side.

Seriously, I worked with a guy years ago whose business card read like movie credits. Below his name and phone was this.

Representing all major carriers, including .....

And he went on to list probably 30 different carriers. Trying to read the print was like trying to read a warranty card.

The guy was a real trip.

That's a good point. Do you have any type of message on back of your cards?

I prefer to keep the back side blank (and non-glossy) so when I am out, and I make an appointment with someone, I can give them my business card, and write the time and date of the appointment on the back as a reminder.

----------

See other side.

Seriously, I worked with a guy years ago whose business card read like movie credits. Below his name and phone was this.

Representing all major carriers, including .....

And he went on to list probably 30 different carriers. Trying to read the print was like trying to read a warranty card.

The guy was a real trip.

I like to think of a business card as a mini billboard. To much writing, and nobody will read it. a little writing, to answer the simple quick questions is just enough. "Who are you?" "how do I contact you?" "What do you sell?"
Name
Contact info
occupation (and/or the main product you sell)

K.I.S.S.

That's a good point. Do you have any type of message on back of your cards?

I put a calendar on the back of mine. It's a little added motivation for them to keep it longer than 30 seconds. Since I only do D2D cold call I joke a little when I hand it out. I turn the card over and show them the calendar and say "It's good until the end of the year so put it on your fridge."

You rarely get calls from cards. I use them only as a means to start a conversation about insurance. If they say they "have all I need" then I tell them to keep it anyway for the calendar and show it to their parents (etc.).

If I recall, somewhere on the forum is some sort of "scan and show your card" thread.

Back