Carrier Reps - ALWAYS Hounding Us to Meet

insurance1822

Guru
1000 Post Club
How do you guys deal w/ carrier reps who always want to meet? It's a waste of everybody's time. If I need something, I'll ask. Otherwise, carrier reps are worthless & aren't able to do ANYTHING for the agency.

They come out, talk about how their products and service are great & it actually almost makes me want to vomit. I have about 4 that just WILL NOT let up. I just flat out ignore their emails at this point. I mean it's borderline harassment. I know they all mean well, but lets cut to the chase.

If you're a carrier rep, you're truly worthless to the agency.

How do you guys deal w/ carrier reps who always want to meet? It's a waste of everybody's time. If I need something, I'll ask. Otherwise, carrier reps are worthless & aren't able to do ANYTHING for the agency.

They come out, talk about how their products and service are great & it actually almost makes me want to vomit. I have about 4 that just WILL NOT let up. I just flat out ignore their emails at this point. I mean it's borderline harassment. I know they all mean well, but lets cut to the chase.

I call them company weenies. The worst are the ones that really believe the koolaid they are spilling. They have #s to meet. I get it, but you are correct they provide little useful information unless their is a new product offering.

It depends on the carrier and how much they actually do.

Yes most of the carriers are useless.

However the reps for some carriers are more aggressive and will give you ex dates, go into accounts with you, etc... that is useful.

Philadelphia Insurance Co. reps cold call themselves.. I have heard of accounts that they just go into and write direct if they give the lead to an agent and it does not go anywhere.

I like to ask the reps what other agents are doing for marketing recruiting etc; for that alone I listen to them some extra time; but regardless they just doing what been asked to do

Its like they all cycle together. One rep calls, then then another and another in the same week even!

Then you get the line, "my boss(s) is/are in town". We meet with these suits that have no clue about selling insurance. Wondering who hires these clowns? Do they just trade scripts?

Will the reps be there to back you up on anything? No. Can they answer any specific underwriting questions? Usually not.

I agree, wasting my time.

Don't you get it, my territory initiatives are to increase visibility, brand awareness and build and expand on key agency relationships. Don't you think I, too, at times vomit after our meeting. (Once during). And when that dumb suit calls and asks me to set up more meetings because she will be in town, I flush. To vomit again. Give us a break, we're all a part of the same chain of marketing and distribution of BS.

That said, are you available next Monday 10/26 for lunch?

^ HA!!! Sounds like you're a rep! Look (and no offense...) but unless you're going to pay us more money...we don't want to see you. In fact, based off what I make per hour...You should be paying me alot of money to sit down and listen to you.

I always like to decorate my office accordingly when a rep comes, with competitor's marketing logos. ;)

at least you will get a bunch of free office goodies that way: pens, tablets, calendars, etc.

^ HA!!! Sounds like you're a rep! Look (and no offense...) but unless you're going to pay us more money...we don't want to see you. In fact, based off what I make per hour...You should be paying me alot of money to sit down and listen to you.

No? How about Tuesday 10/27? An executive member of our team is in town and we'd like to get together and explore each other's sweet spot, see how we can help each other grow.

OK Rockbo you're clearly a carrier rep (or one of us who deals w/ the same bull crap..) but that's EXACTLY what they say! I always 100% say "I'm available at 5:30 or 6:00 if you want to do happy hour at......

cause then i get drinks & food out of it. most of them want to go home & not be out late so they leave me alone.

But seriously...what gives? you can't really think that agencies are going to write any extra business because of you? I mean (on a few occasions..) I've had some reps just flat out say "if you could possibly write 3 more packages before new year it would help my bonus bigtime" and then I'll legitimately try to help them if it's super close...

But when I have issues, those reps that go to bat for me will strike out all the time anyway. They mean well, but they're unable to do ANYTHING at all.

Latest posts

Back