Carrier Reps - I FIGURED IT OUT!!!

insurance1822

Guru
1000 Post Club
OK - I have FINALLY figured out the rep's only weapon & their one main tactic that is difficult to overcome...but I'm working on it. Their weapon is always "It sounds like we need to do some training & get together..how about next Tuesday" No-matter what the brevity of my question is when I call 1x per 3 years..it's their potential shot at me.

With all the carriers we have, and different carrier websites, and different carrier's organizing rules/rates/manuals in different fashions on their websites, and different UW guidelines that are changing etc...there will inevitably come a time where it's easier to email or call a rep opposed to fumbling through their website etc. It's a quick 40 second phone call that I may need to make 1 time per 3 years w/ each rep.

Yet inevitably, like a blood thirst crack addict it's their one chance to try & pin me down to steal my time from me. So here's my tool...

when said worthless suit answers phone I toggle the ringer button on my office phone so it appears my phone is actively ringing (and I turn up the volume too.) When they answer, my 1st words are me pretending that I'm talking to somebody on the other line and I quick say "hold on I'll be right with you.." then I say to rep "hey shitface it's Insurance1822, real quick...{insert question} and keep hitting the ringer button.

Been working like a charm. I hate carrier reps you're all worthless.

Last edited:
Re: Mein Kampf W/ Carrier Reps - I FIGURED IT OUT!!!

Ins1822: voted most likely to have a heart attack before 40.

You must have some bad reps.

Some of mine are awesome and get underwriters to do stuff.. A few have come to me with accounts in the area that they want to target and give me incumbent info And ex date.

I've gotten a few accounts that way

I have one great rep as well...always showing me way to take more $$ from the company.

I love this guy's passion...there's a fire in there that I see in highly successful people...it's the stress part that might need a tune up. I hope 1822 hits his goals and retires by 40....before the heart attack happens.

OK - I have FINALLY figured out the rep's only weapon & their one main tactic that is difficult to overcome...but I'm working on it. Their weapon is always "It sounds like we need to do some training & get together..how about next Tuesday" No-matter what the brevity of my question is when I call 1x per 3 years..it's their potential shot at me.

With all the carriers we have, and different carrier websites, and different carrier's organizing rules/rates/manuals in different fashions on their websites, and different UW guidelines that are changing etc...there will inevitably come a time where it's easier to email or call a rep opposed to fumbling through their website etc. It's a quick 40 second phone call that I may need to make 1 time per 3 years w/ each rep.

Yet inevitably, like a blood thirst crack addict it's their one chance to try & pin me down to steal my time from me. So here's my tool...

when said worthless suit answers phone I toggle the ringer button on my office phone so it appears my phone is actively ringing (and I turn up the volume too.) When they answer, my 1st words are me pretending that I'm talking to somebody on the other line and I quick say "hold on I'll be right with you.." then I say to rep "hey shitface it's Insurance1822, real quick...{insert question} and keep hitting the ringer button.

Been working like a charm. I hate carrier reps you're all worthless.

There is a endgültige Lösung for carrier reps

I feel sorry for you. To a certain extent I agree with your assessment of carrier reps. Not all reps are useless, but many are.

But for you to go to the time and trouble to create and then act out your "tool" when a rep calls is childish and shameful.

I have no shame. I only care about making money. Time is money. Reps are animals who do not respect my requests to be left alone. Thus, I must do whatever is necessary to keep the mosquitoes at bay.

Is it shameful to tell a child lies to prevent them from hurting themselves?

No reason to not care about making money and building decent relationships - they need not be mutually exclusive in my opinion.

But, to some extent, I agree that some reps can be annoying, not because they pester constantly, but they don't listen (and remember) your agency's particular problems. I feel like we have to start over every time with some reps...

Back