Carrier Sniping

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Carriers who write PDP and MA calling "their" policyholders to let them know they don't need to pay a premium for their Medicare and drug coverage. Already had 3 clients ask me if these "new supplement plans" that don't have a premium would be better for them.

I really get tired of this. Last year lost 3 clients to the switch. Didn't find out until after AEP closed. Too late to do anything about it. None of them will ever qualify for a Medigap plan that isn't GI.

And then there is this little jewel from an out of state agent

Dear Ted,
We've helped you search for Medicare before and we would love to assist you again. Open Enrollment is finally here and now is the best time to find a new plan for the upcoming year. If you're looking for the highest quality plans at the lowest prices, then our trained agents are here to help!
Open Enrollment only lasts until December 7th, so make sure you get all of the information you need early. It's only going to get busier as time goes on!
Click Here for Quotes
Or speak to someone on the phone now by calling us at 866-350-xxxx
Regards,
Mark
Medigap dot com Team
This email was sent by: Excel Impact, LLC
445 W. Liberty St., Suite 215 Medina, OH, 44256,

Click Here to Unsubscribe

I unsubscribed for him . . .

I had my first customer (this season) call me about it this morning. He has a Humana PDP, and a Plan G. Humana rep called him this morning to let him know there would be some changes to his plan and there were some other options he could change to.

Pretty irritating to say the least.

Carriers who write PDP and MA calling "their" policyholders to let them know they don't need to pay a premium for their Medicare and drug coverage. Already had 3 clients ask me if these "new supplement plans" that don't have a premium would be better for them.

I really get tired of this. Last year lost 3 clients to the switch. Didn't find out until after AEP closed. Too late to do anything about it. None of them will ever qualify for a Medigap plan that isn't GI.

And then there is this little jewel from an out of state agent

Dear Ted,
We've helped you search for Medicare before and we would love to assist you again. Open Enrollment is finally here and now is the best time to find a new plan for the upcoming year. If you're looking for the highest quality plans at the lowest prices, then our trained agents are here to help!
Open Enrollment only lasts until December 7th, so make sure you get all of the information you need early. It's only going to get busier as time goes on!
Click Here for Quotes
Or speak to someone on the phone now by calling us at 866-350-xxxx
Regards,
Mark
Medigap dot com Team
This email was sent by: Excel Impact, LLC
445 W. Liberty St., Suite 215 Medina, OH, 44256,

Click Here to Unsubscribe

I unsubscribed for him . . .

Mutual of Omaha is a bit underhanded as well. Their tactic, which I've personally experienced is to send option for an existing Living Promises client to purchase more insurance at a discounted rate. Well, that rate was not available through the agent, only direct. I am the agent on that client's Living Promises plan. The client called me when they got the letter. When I called MOO, they informed me, that yes, I'm cut out of the deal. (but thanks for sending us the business)

Many of these companies undercut the agents.

I will say that I have learned when doing a Humana PDP electronic application NOT to put the phone number on the application, so that the carrier wont have it to snipe with later.

I hate this stuff too. Several carriers who I have the PDP with are already calling clients. Part of me wonders if the reason to have such a big rate increase is the get them to jump to an MA for $0.

United calling clients in a United sup and offering United MAPD's?

No.

U calling those with U PDP and trying to get them to switch to MA with no premium.

Humana PDP electronic application NOT to put the phone number on the application, so that the carrier wont have it to snipe with later.

They can't look up the phone number? Guess they don't know about Spokeo.

Part of me wonders if the reason to have such a big rate increase is the get them to jump to an MA for $0.

They (carriers) don't like to have to work for new business. Much easier to call MY clients (their policyholder) and try to twist them into a $0 Advantage plan.

I have always been on the wholesale end of the business. Each of you should know, if not already, that most carriers see the enrollee as their client, not yours. So these actions should not come as a surprise to anyone. They also recognize that as time and technology advances the need for an agent decreases.

No.

U calling those with U PDP and trying to get them to switch to MA with no premium.

They can't look up the phone number? Guess they don't know about Spokeo.

They (carriers) don't like to have to work for new business. Much easier to call MY clients (their policyholder) and try to twist them into a $0 Advantage plan.

Oh I'm sure they could look it up, I know of another free site with highly accurate information. However that would be a clear violation of the rules, but what do I know, that may not stop them.

Back