Carrier Suggestion/California Home in Brush

fauxfive55

Having issues placing a home in brush. Currently insured with State Farm, home is in an affluent, gated community in Ventura County (Lake Sherwood), California. Risk meter has it at approx. 300-400 feet from brush.

Any independent, personal lines carriers aggressive in brush? Usually I don't have a problem placing these with The Hartford, but they're declining. Safeco & Mercury will decline as will Kemper.

Any suggestions?

CSE ( Civil service employees ) is sometimes liberal.. I am captive with American National sometimes we can be liberal as well..

Have you tried Farmers? They do have a homeowners product that can exclude fire and it would carry a companion policy with CA Fair Plan that would pick it up. But it's also possible they might be able to write it even without an exclusions depending on factors when quoting.

Appreciate all the tips. CSE's select program would write it, but the premium's a lot higher than State Farm. American Modern or Reliable (forget which) would also write it but the max Cov A is $500k. I can't write with Farmer's as I'm independent. Also, waiting to hear back from Travelers (don't have a direct with them so I went through a GA).

Again, thanks for the tips!

McGraw/Pacific Specialty Insurance may take it. I believe their brush limit is 500 feet. Last resort is Fair Plan along with a CPL or companion policy from McGraw also. Let me know if you need some assistance. Im a Farmers licensed CSR.

Having issues placing a home in brush. Currently insured with State Farm, home is in an affluent, gated community in Ventura County (Lake Sherwood), California. Risk meter has it at approx. 300-400 feet from brush.

Any independent, personal lines carriers aggressive in brush? Usually I don't have a problem placing these with The Hartford, but they're declining. Safeco & Mercury will decline as will Kemper.

Any suggestions?

May be time to move on. You have a lot of prospects in California.

Latest posts

Back