Carriers Contacting T65s a Year in Advance?

Northeast Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pennsylvania
I'm taking a commission hit to get "free" leads from a regional carrier so I can build up my book. Last year I did sales seminars for them but wrote very few policies. After the seminars too many people want to talk to you so it's hard to actually meet with them individually.

This carrier has a couple of retail stores, so members would either go there to enroll, or call, email, mail or fax it in.

I've been receiving leads all week and they are for T65 between next April and September. The AEP ones won't start until closer to 10/15. I'm going to work the T65 after I speak to them by following up with a letter, holiday card, phone call in January then a letter or email every other month.

I thought the carriers starting contacting them 6-9 months out, but not a year out?

I'm taking a commission hit to get "free" leads from a regional carrier so I can build up my book. Last year I did sales seminars for them but wrote very few policies. After the seminars too many people want to talk to you so it's hard to actually meet with them individually.

This carrier has a couple of retail stores, so members would either go there to enroll, or call, email, mail or fax it in.

I've been receiving leads all week and they are for T65 between next April and September. The AEP ones won't start until closer to 10/15. I'm going to work the T65 after I speak to them by following up with a letter, holiday card, phone call in January then a letter or email every other month.

I thought the carriers starting contacting them 6-9 months out, but not a year out?

Its whenever they want to? :)

About half of my referrals come in around T64, I do Medicare 101 whenever they contact me, then explain to them the next steps. At 64.5, I shoot them an email "let the mail and phone calls commence" and remind them to call me if they have any questions, with the date I will follow up. (Its the first Friday when they are 3 months out). Do the Part B enrollment at 64.9. Then the Med Supp at 64.10.

Great idea on the lead swap for a commission hit!

This was talked about a lot at the Medicare Supp conference earlier this year. More and more carriers are starting to market to T64 consumers. People are starting to look online at age 64 to learn about Medicare, and the carriers are responding.

Its whenever they want to? :)

About half of my referrals come in around T64, I do Medicare 101 whenever they contact me, then explain to them the next steps. At 64.5, I shoot them an email "let the mail and phone calls commence" and remind them to call me if they have any questions, with the date I will follow up. (Its the first Friday when they are 3 months out). Do the Part B enrollment at 64.9. Then the Med Supp at 64.10.

Great idea on the lead swap for a commission hit!

^This

The fortune is in the follow up.

Back