Carriers Pay Different Commissions Depending on States

starproducer

Expert
Do carriers pay different commissions for different states? For example if street commission for assurant is 6% would it be 8 % in Florida? And for otter carriers like Humana and UHC golden rule

It depends on the carrier. There is not set method to the madness. Some carriers pay on a Per Member Per month in some states and straight % in other states. Mind you this is the same carrier paying different ways state to state. There are only 2 carriers that I can find that pay straight % across the boards.

Last edited:
Which two carriers assurant and UHC do they pay a flat rate or will it be higher in states like Florida

It depends on the carrier. There is not set method to the madness. Some carriers pay on a Per Member Per month in some states and straight % in other states. Mind you this is the same carrier paying different ways state to state. There are only 2 carriers that I can find that pay straight % across the boards.

At this time yes. However as noted in previous threads commission rates and structures are changing for the 2K15 season. Right now I'm not sure anyone has definitive comp etched in stone.

Back