Case Study...

Which client would you tend to believe, if asked, "Do you have Diabetes?"

Client 1: "Yes, and I take Metformin. I'm also on Lisinopril for HBP".

Client 2: "Well, my doctor told me in my last visit, that I need to watch my diet, but tell me, who doesn't. I mean, I'm 5 foot 7 and only weigh 165. I just got $2 milliion worth of life insurance. If a company is willing to give me that much in life insurance, I don't see any problem getting medical coverage. Besides, wouldn't a company rather have someone who has a diagnoses under control. It's not like I have incurable cancer, or smoke and drink excessively. In fact, I felt so good lately that I have taken myself off all medication, and now I see a Homeopath. That's another thing, make sure the company will pay for a homeopath. After all, they are board certified, and I know of a friend who gets her visits paid for by her insurance company. I mean, let's face it, wouldn't an insurance company rather pay for a homeopath visit than pay for ongoing medication? "

Sound familiar, veteran insurance agents?

THE MORE BELIGERENT, MINIMIZING, OR CIRCULAR THINKING THEY ARE, THE MORE THEY HAVE TO HIDE.

The only option available would be putting her on STM. I have a young college student, who is on Lithium for BiPolar. Until he gets a job with benefits, I've made it clear to him and his mother (who he still lives with) that STM is the way to go, until he is eligible for group coverage. If that means that we change STM carriers every three years, so be it.

And, before you ask, he is 26, and does not go to school even part time, so he can no longer be on his mother's group plan. We've explored the special needs route, and it didn't go through. There's more going on than they are telling me.

Which client would you tend to believe, if asked, "Do you have Diabetes?"

Client 1: "Yes, and I take Metformin. I'm also on Lisinopril for HBP".

Client 2: "Well, my doctor told me in my last visit, that I need to watch my diet, but tell me, who doesn't. I mean, I'm 5 foot 7 and only weigh 165. I just got $2 milliion worth of life insurance. If a company is willing to give me that much in life insurance, I don't see any problem getting medical coverage. Besides, wouldn't a company rather have someone who has a diagnoses under control. It's not like I have incurable cancer, or smoke and drink excessively. In fact, I felt so good lately that I have taken myself off all medication, and now I see a Homeopath. That's another thing, make sure the company will pay for a homeopath. After all, they are board certified, and I know of a friend who gets her visits paid for by her insurance company. I mean, let's face it, wouldn't an insurance company rather pay for a homeopath visit than pay for ongoing medication? "

Sound familiar, veteran insurance agents?

THE MORE BELIGERENT, MINIMIZING, OR CIRCULAR THINKING THEY ARE, THE MORE THEY HAVE TO HIDE.

Very true, I hear a case like that at least a couple of times a month.

Back