Cash Value Life Insurance Education

Brandon Sterneker

I'm looking to learn more about permanent life insurance. How it can be used in situations, how it is treated from a tax standpoint etc. I do know the basics on how it works so I'm looking for something a little more advanced then a 101 course. While it isn't my main line of business it is something I would like to learn about more. Whether it's podcasts, you tube, books, blogs, etc. Anything is appreciated!

I'm kind of a nerd and just like to learn everything I can about different products in my line of work on my free time!

What companies do you use? Some of the companies I use give access to educational material to brokers. I've also had success meeting with brokerage directors/wholesalers and going to seminars that they put on. They are all going to be focused on what makes their products look good but there is a lot of good stuff in there. Other than from a tax standpoint are you interested in use for business, retirement planning, whole life on children, etc.? If you know who/what you want to use if for I may be able to point you in a more specific direction. Joe Jordan has some decent material as well.

The only problem with most company materials, is they tell you WHAT their product does, but not necessarily WHY someone would want to buy it.

Another decent resource to check out is The VSA. LOTS of great reference material and concept pages in there. Non-company specific.

The VSA

The only problem with most company materials, is they tell you WHAT their product does, but not necessarily WHY someone would want to buy it.

Another decent resource to check out is The VSA. LOTS of great reference material and concept pages in there. Non-company specific.

The VSA

I've never found much on why someone would want to buy it. I've gotten a few good pieces from some of the bigger mutuals, but they are rare. I've had much better success with some of the seminars that brokerage directors use. Specifically when then bring in someone from advanced planning or advanced sales.

Reactions: DHK
Look at word seven of your opening post... that should sum up most of.

As DHK already mentioned I'm not the original poster. I'm talking specifically about usage strategies in company material. Most of their material is built around product specifics. I do believe that permanent insurance can play a part in someone's financial strategy but I also believe that it is not a good fit for most people.

Back