Cash Value Policy for Grandchild

Not usually, it's relatively cheap. Think of it as a stock option. Depending on the company it will allow up to 9 times to use it or lose it. Starting in their 20's most will offer every three years or so into the 40's. Or when they get married or have children.

While you can tell from some of the posts, it's not for everybody. Agents should talk about it with their clients when the insured is young. While it doesn't happen to everybody, in-insurability happens to enough of them. Same with wavier of premium. Something to think about. Personally I like tying up the hands of an insurer where they can't weasel their way out.

It's why some here don't understand whole life, even though they are agents. Any time in the insurance business and you learn that when insurers give up control, they charge for it. The cheapest stuff, the insured has little to no control. I don't do debates anymore on this stuff.. I explain it and if you want it fine, if you don't as long as I explained it, that's fine too. 30 years in and I'm too old to fix stupid, even when it's from other agents.

Can't blame ya . . .

Oh my word.

@myinsurebiz , I've spoken to f55c6 over the phone before. He knows more about permanent life insurance than you do... as well as the agent he bought the policy from. (The agent actually screwed it up and I called him and gave him some pointers/coaching for about an hour or so over the phone because I set this up for him as a 'slam dunk' sale.)

So I'll just say that you can try to trifle with him... but I wouldn't recommend it.

Oh my word.

@myinsurebiz , I've spoken to f55c6 over the phone before. He knows more about permanent life insurance than you do... as well as the agent he bought the policy from. (The agent actually screwed it up and I called him and gave him some pointers/coaching for about an hour or so over the phone because I set this up for him as a 'slam dunk' sale.)

So I'll just say that you can try to trifle with him... but I wouldn't recommend it.

Yea - but see - we are in the Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum - which he isn't either. Like LD . . .

Oh my word.

Is that like a Cali type word?

Oh my word.

you called the Agent or F55?

Hmm... this is one of those "sounds like a duck, walks like a duck" moments...

besides my skepticism... the rates on those carriers would make it hard to keep your business on the books :yes:

Not really. In the Top 20% on rates for non-med Term . . .

Back