CCRx Becomes CVScareMark

MedSuppPro

Guru
1000 Post Club
CCRx changes hands again. Seems that the independent pharmacy’s may be left out. :err:

As most of us know the local pharmacy has taken it in the shorts with the Medicare PartD program. CCRx was the one plan the local pharmacies liked. Remember they got a 40 buck payment by simply reviewing a members Rx history.

IMHO This leaves Universal American with a dwindling MA block with little growth potential due to the current CMS sanction. What could be more exciting than a carrier waiting upon CMS to finally lift their sanctions and a MedSupp offering that at best seems discombobulated. I’ve yet to see an agent post anything about Pyramid’s (Universal American) Modernized MedSupp’s offering.

What’s left? :goofy:

Last edited by a moderator:
And yet the local pharmacies that threw referrals at me this selling year are my MAPD plan's biggest fans...

Why? Because they are shrewd enough to cater to their core clientele, and they use that relationship to stock high mark-up items that their clients buy the heck out of.

Getting someone in the shop is the only way to make this happen. If they come in for meds, and they buy something profitable, then it's a win.

Pyramid doesnt offer any medsupps in ohio. The career agents for Universal American have been allowed to contract with Gerber and Assured Life for medsupps business and now that CMS has Sanction UA MA Plans they have contracted to offer Humana.

One more example of why a consolidation of senior pharmaceutical benefits may not be in the best interest of the senior, nor the taxpayer:

Meanwhile, consumer watchdog groups seem to be looking the other way…

Last edited by a moderator:
Back