CE Credits?

natem2112

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
How do you gents get your CE credits currently?

I know I can pick up a few here and there by attending functions that NAIFA and AHIA and the such, but is WebCE the fastest way to go?

Wisconsin finally now allows us to use web-based CE credits, but for cost and time constraints, I'm wondering if they are my best choice.

For those who have not heard of WebCE, here's their website.

I got a flyer in the mail a month ago that I posted on my cork board so I wouldn't lose it, it says that I can get up to 24 hours of CE for $19.95.:mad:

I also have been checking out the NAABC "National Association of Alternative Benefit Consultants".

Here's their website as well.

I think that it would be a great idea to take the course if for no other reason then putting a designation on your self that will get people to ask about it.

It's obviously not a big deal, but I think it helps lead into the topic with a bit of authority.......albeit you may not learn that much more then researching the topics on your own, but since you have someone saying that you are a "Certified Benefit Consultant"...they believe it.

What a world.:no:

Plus a listing on United States Treasury Department can't hurt.

It may not help much either though.....

Thoughts?

?=

I know I can pick up a few here and there by attending functions that NAIFA and AHIA and the such, but is WebCE the fastest way to go?

===============================================

Pretty much. The courses are a joke but if fastest is the goal then you should be able to do 30 cedit hours in less than a morning or an afternoon, much less. Just leave your computer on and chug away at a course and then maybe do something else for a while and come back and hit it again. Before long it is behind you, especially if you just skip the elementary training material and just go right to the exam. If you miss some answers well then just go look at that part of the study material and take it again. Order out for pizza or something so that you don't die of boredom in the middle.

Winter

In Louisiana I need to get 15 hours CE per renewal period every 2 years. I can usually get that many free from my carriers or other carriers that hold seminars that are being held simply to get more producers.

I'm a captive agent and my company reimburses for advanced education programs. The last few years I took CLU courses. They satisfied state ce as well as my CFP ce and the company reimburses for it. I too have found that there is little actual education in most courses that are given just to get the ce credit. If I have to do it, I'd rather actually learn something and pick up another designation at the same time.

I'm a captive agent and my company reimburses for advanced education programs. The last few years I took CLU courses. They satisfied state ce as well as my CFP ce and the company reimburses for it. I too have found that there is little actual education in most courses that are given just to get the ce credit. If I have to do it, I'd rather actually learn something and pick up another designation at the same time.

True dat!

Most CE courses are dry.....very dry.

Think Ben Stein in an endless loop of television commercials talking about drye eyes......

I'll probably just go the route of getting my 30 CE credits online, itt's the fastest way and I need em' in less then 30 days.

Afterwards I'll go get the CBC designation and count the 15 hours of CE as a bonus point.

Back