CE Question

pfg1

Guru
1000 Post Club
So I need to get my life/health CE this year. I've always just taken a local live class and got it over with. Was thinking of going with webce this time.

So they offer to build your own course setup. Some classes say monitored, some not monitored. So I assume the monitored courses require a proctor to oversee you when you take the test? What exactly does that entail? Can I do that at home with anyone watching to make sure I don't cheat? Or do I have to go somewhere? It says to use a "dis-interested 3rd party". Who would fit that description and be allowed to proctor? I have several colleagues that I could ask...none work with or for me. ?

Sorry for the stupid questions, just want to be clear before I order.

Thanks

So I need to get my life/health CE this year. I've always just taken a local live class and got it over with. Was thinking of going with webce this time.

So they offer to build your own course setup. Some classes say monitored, some not monitored. So I assume the monitored courses require a proctor to oversee you when you take the test? What exactly does that entail? Can I do that at home with anyone watching to make sure I don't cheat? Or do I have to go somewhere? It says to use a "dis-interested 3rd party". Who would fit that description and be allowed to proctor? I have several colleagues that I could ask...none work with or for me. ?

Sorry for the stupid questions, just want to be clear before I order.

Thanks

There is no proctor that I know of. Most states have a set course package or allow you to design your own. I just did mine yesterday, and I think only the NSA was watching me through my webcam.

A couple years ago, I did an on line CE on my laptop at the local watering hole. The bartender was the proctor.

However, I have had a couple CE's that required a licensed proctor. Had to put in a NPN.

On webce all the self study courses say monitor req'd.

Exam Proctor Requirements: Self-study, closed-book exams must be monitored by a corporate training department, supervisor appointed co-worker, approved test administrator, or a disinterested 3rd party.

----------

A couple years ago, I did an on line CE on my laptop at the local watering hole. The bartender was the proctor.

However, I have had a couple CE's that required a licensed proctor. Had to put in a NPN.

Thanks. Anyone know how webce handles it?

I guess it would depend on the state. Mine doesn't require anything beyond the class and open book exam for continuing ed. Are you looking at something else besides continuing ed?

I guess it would depend on the state. Mine doesn't require anything beyond the class and open book exam for continuing ed. Are you looking at something else besides continuing ed?

LGilmore, is right. The state you are determines what is required.

I'm in VA fwiw. What I listed earlier is what it showed when I searched on VA life/health CE.

Back