CEBS or a PC License?

MInsurance

Hi Everyone,

I've been in EB for 3 years now. Looking to expand my knowledge--- I'm curious if anyone here has both their P&C license and their CEBS?
Is a CEBS worth it for a producer/account manager?
How about a CIC? I know this depends on your focus, which right now is EB. I would like more exposure to PC, but if I had to pick one or the other?
Just looking for opinions!

thanks!
M.

There's another designation you may also want to add to your consideration and that's REBC - Registered Employee Benefits Consultant. It used to be offered by The American College, but they transferred it to NAHU.

NAHU

As for your actual question, I don't have either CEBS or a P&C license. All I can tell you is that my designation studies (I have the ChFC financial planning designation) helps me to have been exposed to a broad range of subjects to bring to the relationship. I generally know what I don't know and know where I can look things up. That adds depth to my advice and allows me to "audit" my recommendations.

So the real question is... do you want to enhance your knowledge for what you're already doing? Or do you want to expand your services through additional licensing?

Back