Cell Phone and $10/mo. Phone Service

Freddie

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have been looking for a new cell phone and a friend suggested a G-Phone versus and iPhone. I went to T-Mobile and it looks pretty good. The G stands for Google.

I also noticed that I can get an internet hub for DSL or cable modem. For $10 a month I can add a phone line. It is a VOIP phone but they said the quality is very good. No 800 number from what I can tell but I can use another 800 service for that like one of the advertisers mentioned on this web site or others.

Anyone use the G-Phone or TMobile's $10 a month Internet phone? I tried Packet 8 for VOIP phone. They were nice but I had problems they would not fix and just suggested I cancel and I was not being a hard ass.

Thanks.

Re: Cell Phone and $10 a Month Phone Service

I use the Tmobile $10 service. It works great. You still need a decent internet connection, but the service is fine.

It does not work as a fax line. I actually haven't tried it, but they say this and I figure I don't have a reason to try to convince them that it would.

Dan

I use the Tmobile $10 service. It works great. You still need a decent internet connection, but the service is fine.

It does not work as a fax line. I actually haven't tried it, but they say this and I figure I don't have a reason to try to convince them that it would.

Dan

Thanks for the tip. Can I ask what internet connection you are running?

I have AT&T DSL now with about 3 MB down and 300 K up. I can move to Comcast cable with about 16 MB download and 3 MB upload. Comcast charges extra for IP addresses. AT&T also will give me more bandwidth like 6 or 9 MB for about the same price but I have to change my IP addresses when upgrading from my DSL. I use about 5 IP addresses.

The girl at TMobile says they work closely with Comcast.

So your voice quality sounds close to a standard phone line? Thanks again. :)

I had the service for about 6 months. T-mobile home service is not too bad; however, you can not fax which is not good. Service when out twice during that time, but quality compared to regular phone, not bad.

Packet 8 is nice when considering the cheaper* monthly costs. The telephones are about $200 or they offer to break the cost into a $3 monthly charge (forever). Our office has problems when attempting to recieve faxes from Government agencies. I would recommend them, but keep the help desk number handy.

Back