Celtic acquired by Centene Corp

arnguy

Guru
5000 Post Club
Just heard that Centene paid $80 million to purchase the Celtic Group that owns Celtic Insurance. No major changes----will continue operations as Celtic Insurance.

This acquisition is new territory for Centene. They'll probably market heavily and blast 12 month advances. If they did, they only compete with Assurant on this basis. Celtic was always pretty solid but I reckon they never blew up because they would not advance. We'll see.

Celtic is a 2nd or 3rd tier player. Nothing really exciting about their product line. I really don't see them going anywhere, fast or slow.

This acquisition is new territory for Centene. They'll probably market heavily and blast 12 month advances. If they did, they only compete with Assurant on this basis. Celtic was always pretty solid but I reckon they never blew up because they would not advance. We'll see.

Not just that they would not advance, but 10% commish on most products with some strange bonus program.

Then everything, including pre-screen, needs to get run through your "district sales manager" who never answers the phone.

Let's also remember that, at least in MD, their best copay plan had a 6 visit cap.

The 10% commission is a complete joke and will never fly.

The food chain on Celtic is pretty long - reminds me of MLM. There are a lot of hands in the cookie jar and the district manager is the invisible man - I agree.

How are they in business at all? Who sells this and why?

Back