Celtic

johnrocks

Guru
100+ Post Club
Louisiana
I got a call from a very nice lady at Celtic Insurance and I was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with them. Being in Louisiana I only have a few companies to consider

An "also ran" with nothing special to bring to the table. Surprised they're still around. Averge plans, average rates, underwriting no better than anyone else, horrible 10% as-earned commission schedule with a weird bonus program.

Run rates if you want: http://celtic-net.com

One reason I don't work with them more than I do is the fact that there is nobody, here in Georgia, for me to stay in touch with. I do like the idea of getting a non med quote faxed immediately, but I'd rather have rate sheets, as the Evil Empire and Kaiser Permanente have.

The underwriting department is easy to deal with, and actually cares about getting your business. The DM position is, however, a revolving door.

All in all, not a bad company, but not my leading company. The underwriting is a bit quicker than others, though.

Bingo. I got appointed with them and saw that I had to go through my "district manager" who was in North Carolina. I started asking him to some in-depth product questions which he couldn't answer half of. Said he'd get back to me with the answers - never did. Tried to call him a few times and just got voicemail - hence they'll never see an app from me.

Saying that, they do have an "Any Doc PPO" available just in case you have a client who's unwilling to leave their doctor and they don't happen to be in any network.

choices

To the best of my knowledge here in Louisiana these are the only carriers available for indivual health BCBS World Celtic Assurant American National United American United Healthcare and their affiliates and Vantage health Plans which is a local Hmo that is coming out with an ind plan in July so I really don't have a lot of choice Maybe I am wrong about that I sell mainly to seniors but I was looking for a plan for myself as well as maybe going to a few business owners between appointments and try my hand in health

Re: choices

johnrocks said:
To the best of my knowledge here in Louisiana these are the only carriers available for indivual health BCBS World Celtic Assurant American National United American United Healthcare and their affiliates and Vantage health Plans which is a local Hmo that is coming out with an ind plan in July so I really don't have a lot of choice Maybe I am wrong about that I sell mainly to seniors but I was looking for a plan for myself as well as maybe going to a few business owners between appointments and try my hand in health

That's plenty of choice. In MD I have Blue Cross, Aetna, Assurant, Golden Rule and Celtic. Celtic has nothing special so they're out. Blue Cross has horribly low drug caps so they're out. I'm left with Aetna who just jacked the rates trough the roof, Assurant and Aetna.

Good point - they do. But it's $5,000 compared to most Blue plans here that are $500. I use Aetna when Assurant or GR is gonna rider so it's neither here nor there. They either have no drug coverage or a $5,000 cap. And trust me Somcaro, I think the $5,000 cap for a company as large as Aetna is unjustified and abusive.

Of course we know carriers that offer plans with $2k Rx caps and no coverage at all for brand name Rx on some of their lower priced plans . . .

Absolute garbage.

Attended a seminar couple of weeks back where the regional guy bragged that the (stripped down plan) was their number 1 seller with 40% of their sales.

That is really sad.

Back