Certification Progress and Notes

insuranceconceptscindy

Guru
100+ Post Club
Las Vegas
I have 10 certifications to do, including AHIP and Obamacare.
I completed 4.5 today. Here are my notes:

AHIP- Same crap as last year, should go quick if you've done this for a week.

Obamacare- :D

Humana- Pi$$ed me off to no end. I'm not a fan of being talked down to, made to play silly games and listen to videos that are not relevant to doing my job. I love how sensitive they were to agents of all colors, by making their cartoon 3 different ethnicities at once. Oh yes, I complained. :mad:

UHC- Thank god you can test out of 90% of their crap by completing AHIP. AARP 101 is a waste of time, but you can get through it quite quickly. Didn't like that they make us certify to sell Med Supps, but whatever.

Silverscript- couldn't finish it because the plan details weren't loaded. (Hence the .5)

Edit to add:
Anthem/Wellcare- Why in the hell am I doing this training anyway? There are no MAPD plans to sell in my state!

Aetna-Went quickly, easy. HUGE gripe- the requirement of in-person MAPD training. I do NOT have time for that crap. I've been doing this long enough that I don't need a rep to teach me how to spell MAPD. Also, there was a blurb about making us show a video as part of the sales process. I'm not so sure about that. Not too many of my clients would be interested in that. . .

Dear CMS and Plans: Please give us agents, that have done this for a while, a way to quickly test out of everything that has not changed; and highlight, in big bold letters, the things that have changed and what we need to look closely at. Plans should only test us on their relevant plan information, not a recap of AHIP- remember, we did it already and we paid.

Oh yeah, I forgot to thank Wellcare for taking care of my AHIP fee. I wasn't expecting that. You guys are awesome!:cool:

Anyone else have any thoughts on their certification experience so far this year?

Last edited:
I have 10 certifications to do, including AHIP and Obamacare.
I completed 4.5 today. Here are my notes:

AHIP- Same crap as last year, should go quick if you've done this for a week.

Obamacare- :D

Humana- Pi$$ed me off to no end. I'm not a fan of being talked down to, made to play silly games and listen to videos that are not relevant to doing my job. I love how sensitive they were to agents of all colors, by making their cartoon 3 different ethnicities at once. Oh yes, I complained. :mad:

UHC- Thank god you can test out of 90% of their crap by completing AHIP. AARP 101 is a waste of time, but you can get through it quite quickly. Didn't like that they make us certify to sell Med Supps, but whatever.

Silverscript- couldn't finish it because the plan details weren't loaded. (Hence the .5)

Dear CMS and Plans: Please give us agents, that have done this for a while, a way to quickly test out of everything that has not changed; and highlight, in big bold letters, the things that have changed and what we need to look closely at. Plans should only test us on their relevant plan information, not a recap of AHIP- remember, we did it already and we paid.

Oh yeah, I forgot to thank Wellcare for taking care of my AHIP fee. I wasn't expecting that. You guys are awesome!:cool:n

Anyone else have any thoughts on their certification experience so far this year?

Same as last year. Mindless redundant bullshit :) I have a couple face to face trainings left, just in case I somehow didn't get enough compliance talk the other 4 times I tested on it.

Wow guess it did not pay to get right on this

I did Ahip right away and just got $50 off

Well care training is more like prison rules. required 90 % score with poor audio & no legible power point slides. Same question asked twice & really waste of time & energy.Reading material for so called exam is not clear at all...period...

Back