Cfg renewals (getting screwed, I think)

deeznuts

Expert
I am curious if I am getting screwed by my upline on my CFG renewals. Keep in mind I have 10 guys that write under me, so I have a healthy 1st year commission. But my renewals are only 8% with cfg. This seemed very low. When asked my upline they said you have the “front loaded commission plan”. I feel like this is not accurate info. Could anyone shed some light on this?

...i thought columbian was known for renewals.

I am curious if I am getting screwed by my upline on my CFG renewals. Keep in mind I have 10 guys that write under me, so I have a healthy 1st year commission. But my renewals are only 8% with cfg. This seemed very low. When asked my upline they said you have the “front loaded commission plan”. I feel like this is not accurate info. Could anyone shed some light on this?

...i thought columbian was known for renewals.
I would say that like most companies selling FE they have several commission schedules..Without some idea of your first year commission it will probably be impossible to answer your question..

... But my renewals are only 8% with cfg. This seemed very low...

CFG pays 13% to the agent in renewals. Whether you are getting screwed or not depends upon what you were told when you first contracted with your upline. FYC I believe is 115% for anyone whose group is producing less than $200 to $250K AP. There is a bump somewhere at the level, and I think the bump is 10%. If your FYC is greater than 115%, then perhaps your upline did "frontload" your FYC and they are making up their cut on the back end.

My group is producing over 2mil a year, 700k+ just with CFG. So my 1st year is much better than 115% but I feel like there is much more available on the renewal end than I am getting. I understand they need there over ride, I was just hoping for like 10-11% at least. And I should have been more specific up front about renewals. I just wonder what the IMOs typically have avaiable on renewals. I would assume 14-16%?...

My group is producing over 2mil a year, 700k+ just with CFG. So my 1st year is much better than 115%.

Nicely done - congrats on your business building!

I just wonder what the IMOs typically have avaiable on renewals. I would assume 14-16%?

I'm not sure if you were asking me this, but just in case I wanted to say "I don't know."

I'm a small potatoes peon compared to the levels you are addressing.

My group is producing over 2mil a year, 700k+ just with CFG. So my 1st year is much better than 115% but I feel like there is much more available on the renewal end than I am getting. I understand they need there over ride, I was just hoping for like 10-11% at least. And I should have been more specific up front about renewals. I just wonder what the IMOs typically have avaiable on renewals. I would assume 14-16%?...

If your personal production is getting you more than 115% that is why your renewals are single digit. Street is 115% with 13% renewals. FYC can go as high as 139% - but would take $1million personal.

On the home service side ... i know they pay 20%. Was offered 90% first year and 20% forever on final expense 2 weeks ago but i have known george for over thirty years.

On the home service side ... i know they pay 20%. Was offered 90% first year and 20% forever on final expense 2 weeks ago but i have known george for over thirty years.

I would take that offer if just produced a little. 20% forever is nice.

You can get 139% + 21.5% on top level - but, that's a mill . . .

Back