Change Agent of Record for a Humana MAPD Plan?

sam816

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Can anybody tell me if this is allowed? and if yes, how can I get it done. I emailed humana's local contact but got no response so far.

TIA.

You can, if I recall right, but I would call Humana agent support and follow prompts for agent appointment, licensing and commissions.

Absolutely! I've done it several times already. Penn is the one that told me about it. You need a HANDWRITTEN letter from the member which needs to explain why the AOR change is being requested. It should say something along the lines of "ongoing service issues". Humana is very prompt and will let you know of the result within 2 weeks. They will also let the current AOR a letter to defend his business. They will pay at the renewal rate that was valid at the time of original enrollment. Try Option 5 on the broker support line.

Absolutely! I've done it several times already. Penn is the one that told me about it. You need a HANDWRITTEN letter from the member which needs to explain why the AOR change is being requested. It should say something along the lines of "ongoing service issues". Humana is very prompt and will let you know of the result within 2 weeks. They will also let the current AOR a letter to defend his business. They will pay at the renewal rate that was valid at the time of original enrollment. Try Option 5 on the broker support line.

Yep and just Google humana aor. You should be able to find a .pdf of their policy.

This is great information. I did not know this and have been helping a couple people for a while since their agent is no where to be found. Thanks for this.

Can you do this with all carriers? Including Med Supps?

I have a client I just took an app for and the husband asked if he could switch over to me. He has the same F plan & I can't save him any money by switching. The carrier for both is United Healthcare.

I didn't think they allowed it?

I have a client I just took an app for and the husband asked if he could switch over to me. He has the same F plan & I can't save him any money by switching. The carrier for both is United Healthcare.

I know that in my market Coventry does not allow it and basically people can roll your client even after you've written them. Last app received by them during AEP is the one that gets AOR. Not sure about United . . .

Nope doesn't work with UHC. It does with Anthem though as well.

Back