Change of heart

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
I received a check from Aetna today. The accompanying documentation indicates they are finally paying me on an AOR from over a year ago.

Anyone else getting "found money" from Aetna? Are they reversing themselves on the no comp for AOR decision or did I just get lucky?

Re: Change of heart?

I think it stands for Agent of Record! Am I correct?

yes, agent of rec and no agent should get paid on those unless the agent has given up his lisc. this is just whoring out other agents work.
some agents spend a ton of time just stealing the biz... they talk to client and cant help them... then they try to steal... it's flat out theft.

no offense somarco... love u buddie, just dont like that biz practice

Actually the AOR means the current agent is not doing their job. The client must agree, otherwise they would never authorize the change. In 30+ years in the business I have lost one client on AOR. That was a client no one could please and they are not missed.

FWIW, in this case I had been working with this guy for a few months. He is on a different plan from his son. He filled out the app for his son & faxed to me. The other app he faxed direct to Aetna. I had been trying to get Aetna to acknowledge that for some time before giving up. The client called Aetna and admitted his error, even sent them a letter.

They did show the app on my "online ledger" but never paid me.

If you don't like AOR's then give your clients the attention they deserve and it will never be an issue.

If I get the post right you were supposed to be the AOR in the first place and after a year Aetna finally got it right.

I had a similar situation where the client intended to apply through me but she used ehealth insurance instead. She thought one link was good as another, so after 2 letters they finally changed me to the AOR.

Actually the AOR means the current agent is not doing their job. The client must agree, otherwise they would never authorize the change. In 30+ years in the business I have lost one client on AOR. That was a client no one could please and they are not missed.

FWIW, in this case I had been working with this guy for a few months. He is on a different plan from his son. He filled out the app for his son & faxed to me. The other app he faxed direct to Aetna. I had been trying to get Aetna to acknowledge that for some time before giving up. The client called Aetna and admitted his error, even sent them a letter.

They did show the app on my "online ledger" but never paid me.

If you don't like AOR's then give your clients the attention they deserve and it will never be an issue.

no, i do service my clients, more than most.. and i dont loose any... but... it could happen and i just flat out dont think it is proper....i think its a piss poor approch at getting a commission and i feel that those that practice it just flat out suck at sales...btw, im right

Back