Changing from one GRule plan to another?

Jeff

Expert
Md
I found a client that would like to move from the GR hsa100 to Gr plan100 in order to lower their premium. (In MD). Without going thru UW.

Does anyone have any experience changing plans w/GR?

Gr's cust service says they cannot move from an hsa to a trad plan.
Doesn't seem to make sense. Why wouldn't they allow it?
I'm trying to find the policy in writing but haven't been able to do so yet.
I don't necessarily agree with the client but still need to find out if it even is an option.

If anyone has any experience with this I would appreciate any guidance. Thanks!

They will have to leave GR for 6 months (or maybe 3, can't recall exactly), then go back.

Doesn't make sense, but GR does not allow their policyholders to change plans. One of those stupid carrier tricks.

Move them somewhere, then back, assuming they want to go back

I found a client that would like to move from the GR hsa100 to Gr plan100 in order to lower their premium. (In MD). Without going thru UW.

Does anyone have any experience changing plans w/GR?

Gr's cust service says they cannot move from an hsa to a trad plan.
Doesn't seem to make sense. Why wouldn't they allow it?
I'm trying to find the policy in writing but haven't been able to do so yet.
I don't necessarily agree with the client but still need to find out if it even is an option.

If anyone has any experience with this I would appreciate any guidance. Thanks!

Switch em to Assurant 1 Deductible with Accident Protection, wait one year, switch back to GR and keep the Accident Protection. Might want to also look into Coventry's new plans....

Thanks everyone. It is 6 months to switch. Crazy.
I looked at Assurant but too expensive. I don't like the Rx $1,500 max at Coventry and their rates aren't much better.
If I can't get them into a small group for their business I'll advise them to stay where they are.

Thanks Again ;)

Back