Changing IMO in 2016

refiman1

Expert
Been talking to several IMo's and wanting som feedback/references for IMO for MedSup/FE.

Need good advanced training, stay on top of carrier underriting changes and real time notifications of changes in the market/products

Also, have spoken with Premier Senior Solutions.

Can anyone provide dome real world feedback.

Thanks.

Been talking to several IMo's and wanting som feedback/references for IMO for MedSup/FE.

Need good advanced training, stay on top of carrier underriting changes and real time notifications of changes in the market/products

Thanks.

You will get more of the info you are looking for here on the forum long before an IMO gives it to you. You want the following from an IMO
Good contracts
Open releases
Training if they have any. There are other options available here on the forum.

Underwriting and products changes come from active agents and not junior marketers who have never done our job.

My 2cents

Underwriting and products changes come from active agents and not junior marketers who have never done our job. My 2cents

^^^

Listen to the man.

I have seen plenty of IMOs (a lot of which who don't actively participate on this forum) who push certain companies or products for their own well being without any idea of what is truly going on in the field.

Thanks.

What state are you in?

There are lots of good IMO around. The best thing to do is find someone that will hold your hand in the beginning. Your location may help someone to teach our to you.

One thing I would suggest is to learn one thing for a,year or so. Trying to be the jack of all trades right off the bat will hurt you more than help

Last edited:
Michigan. Only looking for a good FE/MedSup shop

For Med Sup you have Jimmy Hopson, Ritter, Chris Westfall all focused on Medicare.

For FE you have FexContracting.com, 360, EFES all focused on FE.

Any of us cross over and sell the other product too but I would chose separate IMOs for Med Sups and FE to get the best for each product. No one is the best at everything.

For Med Sup you have Jimmy Hopson, Ritter, Chris Westfall all focused on Medicare.

For FE you have FexContracting.com, 360, EFES all focused on FE.

Any of us cross over and sell the other product too but I would chose separate IMOs for Med Sups and FE to get the best for each product. No one is the best at everything.

I think we do pretty good at both, even though you didn't list us. ;)

I think we do pretty good at both, even though you didn't list us. ;)

I agree that you do a good job with both. But I think that with either product there are a few perks that the top focused agencies offer that you don't.

Just like with us (FexContracting). I think it would be hard to find an FE IMO that was a better place for an independent agent to be. But we also offer Medicare Supplements. And I've had years of success selling them and can offer high commissions and training on them. But I don't think we are a top choice for an agent focused on Med Sups. Because the agencies that are really focused on that are going to be a little better for that part of the agent's business.

I don't think that there is any agency thait is at the top of the game with Medicare and also at the top of the game with FE.

I agree that you do a good job with both. But I think that with either product there are a few perks that the top focused agencies offer that you don't.

Just like with us (FexContracting). I think it would be hard to find an FE IMO that was a better place for an independent agent to be. But we also offer Medicare Supplements. And I've had years of success selling them and can offer high commissions and training on them. But I don't think we are a top choice for an agent focused on Med Sups. Because the agencies that are really focused on that are going to be a little better for that part of the agent's business.

I don't think that there is any agency thait is at the top of the game with Medicare and also at the top of the game with FE.

While I do agree that it's hard to be on top of everything for more than one type of product, I'm also reading between the lines of what the OP is saying when he says, "Need good advanced training, stay on top of carrier underwriting changes and real time notifications of changes in the market/products."

I'm thinking that the agent must have been/is with an IMO that is at the least semi-captive. Why? Because an IMO wouldn't usually need to keep their agents on top of underwriting changes/changes in the industry, etc, unless the agents were not being contacted by the insurance companies that send out emails on all of this....unless they were told not to send emails to the agent.

I'm betting that this agent knows more about this industry than his posts let on. He knows enough to ask about these things, but doesn't know that the companies themselves send out emails on a daily basis concerning any changes and updates? 2 and 2 only adds up to 3 in this case. Some info seems to be missing.

Ritter is a great example of an IMO that stays "on top" of everything. While Craig is great at getting some inside info sometimes, most of the emails sent out by them are just regergitation what has already been put out there a few days earlier. Please don't take this as a dig against Craig because it's not. It's just an example of what I'm talking about when it comes to agents getting info and changes. My inbox is full almost every day on this type of stuff and the agents get it as well.

Back