Chapter 7 Bankruptcy -NJ

bkguy

Hello. This is a crazy and unfortunate question, but perhaps someone out there could answer this.

I am a newly licensed P&C & L&H producer in NJ, and I have to file a Chapter 7 bankruptcy soon due to medical bills from now in remission cancer several years ago when I was uninsured.

Does anyone know how a Chapter 7 bankruptcy will affect:

1. My license
2. My ability to be hired (I'm currently just licensed and not employed in the insurance field yet)
3. Any carrier appointments I might try to obtain.
4. Anything else you think I should know about Chapter 7 bankruptcy and the insurance field and my insurance license in NJ.

Thank you.

I can't speak for the P&C side, but on the Life and Health side, getting licensed will be the easy part. Carriers will most likely want to see your supporting bk documents and documentation from your trustee that your 7 has been discharged. You can get appointed with some carriers on the life and health side, however you won't get appointed in a "week" it will take a couple of weeks, and you will need plenty of documentation.

Hello. This is a crazy and unfortunate question, but perhaps someone out there could answer this.

I am a newly licensed P&C & L&H producer in NJ, and I have to file a Chapter 7 bankruptcy soon due to medical bills from now in remission cancer several years ago when I was uninsured.

1. My license
2. My ability to be hired (I'm currently just licensed and not employed in the insurance field yet)
4. Anything else you think I should know about Chapter 7 bankruptcy and the insurance field and my insurance license in NJ.

Thank you.

1. My license

Thank you.

On all the applications I've seen, they ask if you've filed bankruptcy before. Some ask about the last 10 years, some ask if you've ever filed and some want to know the discharge dates. If you haven't filed yet, you might want to hurry up and get contracted with several companies before you file. Good luck!

Back