Chargebacks

I have received notice from BLC. They claim I have chargebacks. I claim that they never paid me for a commission.
Their 'collections' called me and were nice. I asked for a list of what was paid and to show it going into my account (or give me a date and I could look into my checking).
Anyway they sent a confusing total of commissions and never gave a date when the deposits were made.
What rights do I have?
Don't they have to give me some sort of proof that I was paid on those commissions?
In other words, can I make them show me:
1) what the commissions were
2) show that they were deposited into my account (they actually paid me for it)
I am new to this....
Any advise or input would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance for any input/advice/guidance

----------

I forgot to say that I left BLC back in November, 2013. I have no ill will towards them, and I do not believe they have any ill will towards me.

Also review the contract to verify if you are even vested in your first year commissions. A lot of these carriers have a clause that does not vest you in FYCs which they use to say you owe money back on any advance balance.

If you're still in the industry, they do have an "ill will" towards you. They are a train wreck on whatever they touch.

I have received notice from BLC. They claim I have chargebacks. I claim that they never paid me for a commission.
Their 'collections' called me and were nice. I asked for a list of what was paid and to show it going into my account (or give me a date and I could look into my checking).
Anyway they sent a confusing total of commissions and never gave a date when the deposits were made.
What rights do I have?
Don't they have to give me some sort of proof that I was paid on those commissions?
In other words, can I make them show me:
1) what the commissions were
2) show that they were deposited into my account (they actually paid me for it)
I am new to this....
Any advise or input would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance for any input/advice/guidance

----------

I forgot to say that I left BLC back in November, 2013. I have no ill will towards them, and I do not believe they have any ill will towards me.

I went through the same thing with BLC last year.
To answer your question, yes if they want to collect debt, they have to prove that you owe them the debt. Which is why they sent you the commission statement. I know their commission states are probbly the most confusing ones in the history of insurance, but if I am not mistaken it will show when it was paid on that statement. You just need to try a decode it. After you figure it out, chances are they probbly did pay you it.

Dont expect a whole lot of help or cooperation from BLC. They may appear nice to you now, but they sure will not coorperate with you. I requested several time a more detailed payout of my commissions and debt like you did, and never got anything in return. I even requested a receipt and statement saying my debt was paid off (i requested this several times) and never got one. Make sure you document everything in this process.

Finally, wait until the last minute to pay off the debt, for a few reasons.
1)more than likely your debt will go up, and more chargebacks come
2)dispute any chargebacks that you do not think are legit (also contact your clients and find out why they cancelled the policy ((sometimes it wasnt actually canceled, just churned by another BLC agent, you dont have to pay these chargebacks))
3)its easier to negotiate a lower settlement. I had them knock off something like 40% of my debt, then paid in full, one lump sum.

Whatever you decide to do, make sure in the end you do pay it. They will vector list you. Which could prevent you from getting appointed by other companies down the road.

Back