Charlotte BBB Warning About a FE Mailer

Now you're showing your true colors. I've made comments maybe twice along these lines. Both times were in jest and got way out of hand

----------

Find the post where I've talked about par WL, fixed and indexed annuities in depth...I haven't. I do however believe they are not in the best interest of the consumer...but again...I don't count on them for my income, so of course I'm not biased towards them.

I could say the same about you...

And any product when sold improperly could not be in the best interest of the client.

You call me (and by association other agents who sell them) "bloodsuckers" for selling annuities and IUL.... but it's all in jest.... sure

You think annuity agents are bloodsuckers. My annuity clients who average 3%- 8% and are guaranteed to never earn less than 1% certainly do not think Im a bloodsucker. And before you compare those returns to stocks, I do not market the products as something to compete with stock returns. They are meant to compete with CDs and Bonds.

Call me a bloodsucker all you want. If you use marketing like the OP posted you are nothing but a low life who preys upon the poor and elderly. Barely any better than payday lenders and title loan hawks.

----------

Yes, the lead vendors I use would. They would immediately move me to a different type of lead, but that is because I deal with ethical people.

When they receive a cease and desist of course they immediately move you to another lead... :goofy:

I could say the same about you... And any product when sold improperly could not be in the best interest of the client. You call me (and by association other agents who sell them) "bloodsuckers" for selling annuities and IUL.... but it's all in jest.... sure You think annuity agents are bloodsuckers. My annuity clients who average 3%- 8% and are guaranteed to never earn less than 1% certainly do not think Im a bloodsucker. And before you compare those returns to stocks, I do not market the products as something to compete with stock returns. They are meant to compete with CDs and Bonds. Call me a bloodsucker all you want. If you use marketing like the OP posted you are nothing but a low life who preys upon the poor and elderly. Barely any better than payday lenders and title loan hawks. ---------- When they receive a cease and desist of course they immediately move you to another lead... :goofy:

You continue to make my point. Different opinions all the way around.

Of course your clients don't call you a bloodsucker..they bought into you and your product recommendation.

Calling me a low life..well good for you Tyler.

----------

You continue to make my point. Different opinions all the way around. Of course your clients don't call you a bloodsucker..they bought into you and your product recommendation. Calling me a low life..well good for you Tyler.

But again, my challenge is to back up what you posted. Find where I've made untrue statements about par WL? Go on find it and post it.

You continue to make my point. Different opinions all the way around.

Of course your clients don't call you a bloodsucker..they bought into you and your product recommendation.

Calling me a low life..well good for you Tyler.

----------

But again, my challenge is to back up what you posted. Find where I've made untrue statements about par WL? Go on find it and post it.

So you can call people bloodsuckers but they cant call you a lowlife? OK...

If you actually felt that your marketing was ethical then you would not feel the need for personal attacks. I did not say a single thing to you personally until you personally attacked me.... just like JD did. But we all know that when someone runs out of facts and logic the only thing left is to hurl personal attacks.

Again, the type of marketing I use is not under investigation by 20 different state regulators. My type of marketing has not received cease and desist orders. I do not take advantage of the poor and elderly's lack of financial knowledge to get appointments in an underhanded way.
MOST agents do not use these misleading types of marketing tactics. MOST agents are upstanding, ethical, and would rather change careers before using misleading marketing to make a living.

So you can call people bloodsuckers but they cant call you a lowlife? OK... If you actually felt that your marketing was ethical then you would not feel the need for personal attacks. I did not say a single thing to you personally until you personally attacked me.... just like JD did. But we all know that when someone runs out of facts and logic the only thing left is to hurl personal attacks

Look at my comment where I called you a bloodsucker...I also said you view me in the same light...which apparently you do. It was not a personal attack...it was a statement of fact.

After having a day to find one of the post you claimed I made...you have failed. You've produced nothing. You made false allegations about me, as per the norm.

I'm not going to argue this anymore after tonight. Just not worth the effort. I'll leave you with this thought...how many annuity/IUL guys 'host' dinners for free to 'talk' about financial strategies...I get 10 of those cards in my mailbox every week.

Talk about misleading, but I guess it's better because they have higher net worths and aren't ignorant broke people???

Look at my comment where I called you a bloodsucker...I also said you view me in the same light...which apparently you do. It was not a personal attack...it was a statement of fact.

After having a day to find one of the post you claimed I made...you have failed. You've produced nothing. You made false allegations about me, as per the norm.

I'm not going to argue this anymore after tonight. Just not worth the effort. I'll leave you with this thought...how many annuity/IUL guys 'host' dinners for free to 'talk' about financial strategies...I get 10 of those cards in my mailbox every week.

Talk about misleading, but I guess it's better because they have higher net worths and aren't ignorant broke people???

Aren't you supposed to be stirring up s**t over on the Selling for Multiple IMO/FMO'S thread?:)

Look at my comment where I called you a bloodsucker...I also said you view me in the same light...which apparently you do. It was not a personal attack...it was a statement of fact. After having a day to find one of the post you claimed I made...you have failed. You've produced nothing. You made false allegations about me, as per the norm. I'm not going to argue this anymore after tonight. Just not worth the effort. I'll leave you with this thought...how many annuity/IUL guys 'host' dinners for free to 'talk' about financial strategies...I get 10 of those cards in my mailbox every week. Talk about misleading, but I guess it's better because they have higher net worths and aren't ignorant broke people???

Hey I tried to sell and annuity once.

You assume I care to look it up. The real agents on this forum know your lack of knowledge when it comes to non FE products. I feel no need to prove what you already have proven multiple times in the past.

----------

I'll leave you with this thought...how many annuity/IUL guys 'host' dinners for free to 'talk' about financial strategies...I get 10 of those cards in my mailbox every week.

If you bothered to read my posts I said that there are annuity guys who send out the same type of cards... and I put them in the same exact category as the FE guys who do it.

Ive never done an annuity seminar. I have used DM to market MYGAs... but the prospects knew exactly what I was coming for and the mailers did not try to mislead people by the false appearance of being sent by a government entity or claim to talk about "new" laws that are actually decades old.

As far as IUL seminars, I just recently heard that agents are doing that... and it is probably worse than the misleading marketing that this thread is about. I described earlier the situations I sell IUL in. It is an "after everything else" type of savings vehicle, never an initial one.

Gooner, I never said that once you get in front of someone you are misleading in the way you sell. I said that the way you are getting in front of them is misleading. The marketing you admitted to using is misleading.
And you are way too smart of a guy to honestly say it is not.

Bottom lining this?

Misleading sales/illustration practices: OK
Misleading marketing: Call the law

Bottom lining this?

Misleading sales/illustration practices: OK
Misleading marketing: Call the law

Nothing misleading about my sales or my marketing.

Neither are ok.

But nice try attempting to put words in my mouth. Honest agents know better.

And the law is already investigating the type of marketing this thread is about... in almost half of the states in the country... no call needed.

Scagnt83, if you don't mind my asking, what is your feeling about selling Simplifed Issue to completely healthy individuals. I understand that there are times, 5k WL, where it makes sense; however, I know some agents feel they are scalping people. Feel free to PM if you want, thanks.

Back