Cheap marketing ploy or effective?

Willie2358

Expert
Hey guys so I want to try and generate leads from Facebook, my website, and linked in. Is using such things as a sales funnel like a give away tacky or do they work? I'm currently running one as like a branding and marketing technique for my Facebook business page. I have a professional webpage with blog content that is updated with new content twice a week that I want to try and funnel people to with my next marketing campaign. Would I get qualified leads or people that just want in for the freebies. Has anyone done anything like this with success for lead Generation. Thanks for any input.

Just my 2 cents and speaking from my personal experience when I was shopping for life insurance products.

Life insurance is a serious topic. When I was doing my research on life insurance products, I knew I had to disclose quite a bit of my personal data in order to obtain a quote or the info I need, so I tend to stay away from anything that looks tacky or unprofessional for fear that my personal data might be shared or misused.

I was more drawn to places that offer honest reviews and educational contents that allow me to make an informed decision. It's the quality of information that wins me over, and nothing too salesman like when it comes to life insurance.

Yes, I am very old school :)

Just my 2 cents and speaking from my personal experience when I was shopping for life insurance products.

Life insurance is a serious topic. When I was doing my research on life insurance products, I knew I had to disclose quite a bit of my personal data in order to obtain a quote or the info I need, so I tend to stay away from anything that looks tacky or unprofessional for fear that my personal data might be shared or misused.

I was more drawn to places that offer honest reviews and educational contents that allow me to make an informed decision. It's the quality of information that wins me over, and nothing too salesman like when it comes to life insurance.

Yes, I am very old school :)

No totally understand that's why I'm asking. I provide good content and share my content daily but and my website is professional. I am just wondering if that's a good way to get traffic and increase my brand. I listen to Jeff Roots podcast and I'd like to generate traffic off my webpage. I've always heard you need to have 7 spokes of a business to truly be successful so I am trying to find a way to increase my presence in my area.

I've been fine tuning properly asking for referrals for the last few years. The incoming business is free and high close rate, so any time I want more business I just tweek my system a little bit.

I stopped advertising about the time I implemented this, and have no logical reason to advertise again.

Willie,

It's not at all tacky to use your social media and website for lead generation. It's what they're there for. One of the things we've had success with on Facebook is the the Facebook Lead Ads. Like one of the other posters mentioned, people are getting wary of filling in a bunch of personal information on a form, which is how most online leads get generated and sold to agents. It's also why so many of those leads are bogus. People fill in fake information just to try to get their free quote.

With lead ads, you can spend less than what you pay for a dozen shared bogus leads, and the prospect doesn't actually have to fill out anything. Since Facebook already has all their information, the form gets pre-filled and goes into your lead forms in the Ad manager. Not only do you get exclusive leads, but leads that are higher quality, as the prospect can't put fake information in the form.

Being an educator and posting quality content on your blog is the surest way to build value for people, too, and increase your credibility. You're right on point there. The thing is that everyone is online these days, and all over social media. If you aren't using them to drive traffic to your lead capture systems, you're giving up a huge sector of the market to your competitors that are. And you better believe the big insurance companies are using it to get their own in-house leads.

Giveaways can be a great source of traffic, and capturing people to market to. We use giveaways to build our email list, and use automated marketing to continually push our content to in-boxes and create future customers. I hope some of this was helpful, and good luck on your campaign, and journey to success.

Willie,

It's not at all tacky to use your social media and website for lead generation. It's what they're there for. One of the things we've had success with on Facebook is the the Facebook Lead Ads. Like one of the other posters mentioned, people are getting wary of filling in a bunch of personal information on a form, which is how most online leads get generated and sold to agents. It's also why so many of those leads are bogus. People fill in fake information just to try to get their free quote.

With lead ads, you can spend less than what you pay for a dozen shared bogus leads, and the prospect doesn't actually have to fill out anything. Since Facebook already has all their information, the form gets pre-filled and goes into your lead forms in the Ad manager. Not only do you get exclusive leads, but leads that are higher quality, as the prospect can't put fake information in the form.

Being an educator and posting quality content on your blog is the surest way to build value for people, too, and increase your credibility. You're right on point there. The thing is that everyone is online these days, and all over social media. If you aren't using them to drive traffic to your lead capture systems, you're giving up a huge sector of the market to your competitors that are. And you better believe the big insurance companies are using it to get their own in-house leads.

Giveaways can be a great source of traffic, and capturing people to market to. We use giveaways to build our email list, and use automated marketing to continually push our content to in-boxes and create future customers. I hope some of this was helpful, and good luck on your campaign, and journey to success.

Thanks, I thought I read somewhere that the funnels worked. I'm currently running a giveaway for a 25 dollar gift card and it has definitely increased my traffic. I wanted to kind of boost my following before sending them to my site to fill out my opt in for my automated news letter. I know that results aren't typical but JRoot had someone on his podcast that was said they were generating about a thousand leads a month. Now I dont know how true or close that is but any leads coming into me would be great. I'm too young in it to have a bunch of money to throw at leads and work a day job so door knocking through the week is out. I want to help protect lives as well as make a decent living I just find that I need help get the traffic going. I mean I know my site is only like a month old but I imagine if I can drive traffic then I may be ok.

Back