Check Out My Website

2112Greg

Guru
100+ Post Club
Finally finished this up the other day and thought I'd put my head on the chopping block to see what you guys/gals thought. Being the good Rush fan that I am (since '75!... :biggrin: ), I named my company Entre Nous Financial Services. And before anyone says, I'm also Series 7 and 66 licensed, so that's why I chose to go with 'financial services' as I do those services, as well.

So...without any further ado (or however you spell that)...here it is!

Entre Nous Financial Services

Thoughts, critiques, commentary, kudos (??) are welcome!

Check Out My Website
Especially the girl in the "links" box

Indeed!

Originally, I had that link labeled "Legal" for the usual legalese that might need to go there (still thinking on that one)...you can imagine the ramifications.

:D

Thanks for the input...I appreciate it!

Yes, it's a template. I don't have the time/will/inclination to do that from scratch. Most people wouldn't know the difference anyhow...and even if they do, it doesn't seem a big deal to them...or me, really.

Is there something against templates that I'm not aware of?

Finally finished this up the other day and thought I'd put my head on the chopping block to see what you guys/gals thought. Being the good Rush fan that I am (since '75!... :biggrin: ), I named my company Entre Nous Financial Services. And before anyone says, I'm also Series 7 and 66 licensed, so that's why I chose to go with 'financial services' as I do those services, as well.

So...without any further ado (or however you spell that)...here it is!

Entre Nous Financial Services

Thoughts, critiques, commentary, kudos (??) are welcome!

Mega Ditto's

What IS IT that you do, know, have, or can get that makes you different, better, faster, cheaper, etc. than the guy down the street?

I spent a minute or two reading the home page and I thought "Here is a qualified, competent, knowledgeable guy... just like all the other qualified, competent, knowledgeable guys out there."

Maybe that's the message you want to convey, which is fine... but I didn't see anything in there that pertained to ME.

The site is functional and "corporate"... and boring. You said everything 'right' but everything you've said has been said by every other agent (on the planet).

I think my web site sucks. It's a work in progress. But my site is "me." It sells "me". People buy "me". They buy "me" because I'm going to protect their ass... and I let them know it. I'm the only friend they have in the entire industry. It's not the carrier, it's not nice ask-a-nurse woman, and it's not the claims adjudicator. It's me. No one else.

Yeah, my site is a mess... but twice a month I get a call from someone that I've referred to the site (usually when I leave a voice message "Sorry I missed you. If you want to save money on health coverage see insurance solutions one two three dot com. Thanks.) who calls me and says "Al, I like your attitude. You're the guy I want on my side in this whole health insurance mess."

Of course, I'm sure my site pisses off just as many people as it attracts, so maybe I should be more like you and less like me. I don't know.

The stock pictures are trite... seen them over and over... but they obviously must work since so many people use them.

In a nutshell, your site sells insurance. But people don't buy insurance. They buy their agent. I just didn't see anything on your site that convinced me to pick up the phone and buy 'you.'

For a guy who is a Rush fan, you failed to answer this question: "If Rush sold insurance, how would HE design a site?"

Sorry to sound so negative.... but you asked. And before you throw yourself off the roof... consider the source Really. It's not like I'M the most successful agent on this board. :no:

Al
www.insurancesolutions123.com

Al, your website does suck...and you're an ugly S.O.B., too! lol

Seriously, I'm kidding...that was some excellent advice...thank you!

I am not a huge fan of corporate websites and I have thought about that...but I also tried to make it 'professional' looking at the same time.

It does seem a little sterile, especially since I'm not an all buttoned up kind of guy...so I have made some content changes to the main page...and probably will be making more as ideas come to me. You are 100% right, all my clients have bought because of me...and that needs to be conveyed better on the site. I did lift some ideas from your, ahem, website...hope you don't mind! :D

I just did a 'test' mailing of only about 200 pieces, but they went out yesterday and it was a nice color thing with my photo (hopefully that won't scare anyone too badly!) and a personal letter which is more my style. Hopefully the changes will make people more comfortable and receptive...let me know what you think...keep the ideas coming! :)

Back