Checkpoints for MA Meeting Presentation

Aug 10, 2018

1. PattyBurgers

PattyBurgers New Member

State:
    Florida
    I don't know why but it feels like it takes a lot of courage to ask my first question.

New agent here and I don't have a lot of knowledge on specific health conditions/ tests/ surgeries/ costs to feel confident in a group setting. What are some of your go to examples and checkpoints when going through the benefits of a plan and how they apply in real world scenarios. One on one's seem easier because I generally have some info about the consumer or they ask direct questions.

Thanks for the help!

2. Hopes

Hopes Super Genius

State:
    Georgia
    I'm pretty new myself so excuse my questions if the answer seems obvious but are you talking medigap or MAPD? Is the prospect turning 65?

Hopes, Aug 10, 2018
  3. AwesomeSauce

AwesomeSauce New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Have a flip chart and List the Conditions/tests/surgeries, then at end of session you can handle one or two, and the rest need to make an appt.

4. bmarsh

bmarsh Expert

don’t understand your question...isn’t it self explanatory.

bmarsh, Aug 10, 2018
  5. PattyBurgers

PattyBurgers New Member

State:
    Florida
    I'm preparing for an MAPD community meeting. I also should mention that I'm filling in last minute for another agent. Agent Manager called me and said we would get together Monday to prep and have the meeting Tuesday. I just want to be OVERLY prepared to impress my agent manager. It's quite possible no one will show up. I don't know enough details I just realized. HAHAAHA

6. PattyBurgers

PattyBurgers New Member

State:
    Florida
    I'm going in very underprepared by my upline. I just want to try and impress him with my knowledge and not look like an idiot in front of a group of people because I don't know what an EKG does or what it's classified as.

Typical anxiety for a new agent at their first public meeting.

7. Hopes

Hopes Super Genius

State:
    Georgia
    Do you have access to carrier materials? If so, go to UHC's website and download a PDF of the Clarity Workbook. It's pretty basic but it explains the basics.

Know your enrollment periods - enough to understand the reasons someone can enroll and what triggers those enrollment periods?

Look through Medicare and You. It's a good resource. When I first started selling Medicare products, I printed out a copy, put some of the sections in a notebook with tabs, just in case I needed it for a quick reference.

Keep it simple. Don't over-complicate things.

I'm sure your manager won't throw you under the bus with questions. Don't worry you'll be fine. Once you do it, you'll know how it's done. This is a good thing!

Hopes, Aug 11, 2018