CHF with Oxygen for Sleep Apnea

Speck

Guru
100+ Post Club
Have a 50-yr. old male non-smoker who had CHF and stints probably 10+ years ago, and has type II diabetes. Currently taking something for diabetes, BP, cymbalta for depression, crestor, plavix, and cpap for sleep apnea. What would be your top couple of choices for him?

Have a 50-yr. old male non-smoker who had CHF and stints probably 10+ years ago, and has type II diabetes. Currently taking something for diabetes, BP, cymbalta for depression, crestor, plavix, and cpap for sleep apnea. What would be your top couple of choices for him?

I am assuming he is not using PURE Oxygen, and using a CPAP machine that pumps natural Oxygen. Never heard of a client using Oxygen Tanks for Sleep Apnea

If So,

This is where I would ask the client, "in the past 2 years have you been treated for Congestive Heart Failure?"

If he says Yes, then SNL Graded
If he says No, then SNL Preferred

Is he is using Oxygen tanks, then Graded for SNL

Your title says Oxygen but your post says cpap for sleep apnea. Which is it. Bottled oxygen is huge. Cpap is no big deal if it's just using room air.

I am assuming he is not using PURE Oxygen, and using a CPAP machine that pumps natural Oxygen. Never heard of a client using Oxygen Tanks for Sleep Apnea

If So,

This is where I would ask the client, "in the past 2 years have you been treated for Congestive Heart Failure?"

If he says Yes, then SNL Graded
If he says No, then SNL Preferred

Is he is using Oxygen tanks, then Graded for SNL

I've seen CPAP with real oxygen.

Look into United Heritage OP. This one might be graded which is not ROP

Checked with him again and he is not using oxygen with the CPAP. Did quote both the preferred and graded prices for SNL and didn't promise the preferred since he's got several things going on including borderline height/weight. Have to check back with him next week. Had talked to underwriting with Transamerica and they said that their app question is confusing and basically anyone who has ever had CHF is graded with them.

Checked with him again and he is not using oxygen with the CPAP. Did quote both the preferred and graded prices for SNL and didn't promise the preferred since he's got several things going on including borderline height/weight. Have to check back with him next week. Had talked to underwriting with Transamerica and they said that their app question is confusing and basically anyone who has ever had CHF is graded with them.

How is it border line on height weight? You look at their chart and if they fit they are approved. SNL doesn't check MIB so they will go with what's on the app.

That is becasue CHF is like COPD.. Once you have had it, you will always have it.. it doesn't go away and there is treatment for symptoms but no cure.

Back