CHFC instead of series 65 re-test?

AOKING

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hello forum members,

I once passed my 65, but unfortunately could not come to an agreement over comp and became unregistered about 6 months after passing it. I have heard that the CHFC designation through AM College can potentially let one bypass taking the 65 if one wants to become an IAR. Do you have any idea how to determine if this is true or not? Also, do you know of a place to check on how long one can go being unregistered (after passing the 65) before one needs to re-take the test again?

If I would need to re-test, I would rather complete the CHFC designation in order to gain more knowledge in some additional areas. CFP is off the table, fortunately I was too successful at a young age to finish university.

AO

Btw, I always thought a Series 65 exam should be good for two years. All you have to do is get re-registered with another firm within two years and you'd be fine. I could be wrong though.

My understanding is that same as DHK, securities series licenses are good for 2yrs. If you don't register with a company and become "active" in that time window it expires. Sorta the same as if you are in between companies, you have a max of 2yrs for it to be "on the shelf".

Latest posts

Back