Child Kicked Off Parent Plan Pre Age26 in Post-PPACA Environment?

Quotebroker

Guru
100+ Post Club
I just spoke with a client who has their insurance through Motion Picture health plan here in CA. She applied online for just her son (age 22) through my link and was declined for anxiety and ADD medication. When I called to follow up and suggest he go on the parent's policy, the mother stated that despite the new law, their carrier stated that they didn't have to ensure the son beyond age 22 due to the father being retired and thus his plan is somehow materially different from other policy holders.

Has anyone experienced something similar or know why "retirement" status would allow Motion Picture Health to ignore PPACA?

Re: Child Kicked Off Parent Plan Pre Age26 in Post-PPACA Environm

Motion Picture Industry Health Plan just had an open enrollment for under 26 children, Nov 15th to Dec 15th for a 1.01.11 eff date.

I would now try Anthem Blue Cross.

Motion Picture Industry Health Plan just had an open enrollment for under 26 children, Nov 15th to Dec 15th for a 1.01.11 eff date.

I would now try Anthem Blue Cross.

I appreciate the help from both of you. Anthem was the declining carrier. I'd ask if MP allows enrollment during birthmonth or at another point, but i'd assume the retirement issue would still hold true.

Have the mother talk to her democratic Congressman and have him explain to her Obamacrap.

Back