Child Support Insurance in the Event of a Vasectomy Failure

Futurist

Expert
What I am curious about is this--is there any insurance which will pay all of a man's child support in the event of a vasectomy failure? Also, what about if a man hypothetically gets rid of his entire vas deferens and his entire epididymis and wants to purchase such insurance afterwards?

In addition to this, if such insurance exists, then exactly how much is such insurance going to cost per year?

Basically, in addition to curiosity, the main reason that I asked this question is the fact that I can try showing this thread on this forum to the people at my insurance company in the event that my insurance company will be unwilling to pay for my hormone replacement therapy after my planned surgical castration. After all, if no such insurance exists (even for a man who hypothetically got rid of his entire vas deferens and his entire epididymis beforehand), then I could use this as evidence to argue to my insurance company that I didn't have any infallible (as in, "bullet-proof") ways other than surgical castration for me to get sterilized. :(

Anyway, any thoughts on this?

What I am curious about is this--is there any insurance which will pay all of a man's child support in the event of a vasectomy failure? Also, what about if a man hypothetically gets rid of his entire vas deferens and his entire epididymis and wants to purchase such insurance afterwards?

In addition to this, if such insurance exists, then exactly how much is such insurance going to cost per year?

Basically, in addition to curiosity, the main reason that I asked this question is the fact that I can try showing this thread on this forum to the people at my insurance company in the event that my insurance company will be unwilling to pay for my hormone replacement therapy after my planned surgical castration. After all, if no such insurance exists (even for a man who hypothetically got rid of his entire vas deferens and his entire epididymis beforehand), then I could use this as evidence to argue to my insurance company that I didn't have any infallible (as in, "bullet-proof") ways other than surgical castration for me to get sterilized. :(

Anyway, any thoughts on this?

Contact Rick (greensky)

I hope not. I was more of a poking at Rick post.

I really doubt you will find what you are looking for here. You are going to find a way to fund this yourself.
Well, either way, this information would certainly be nice to know and useful to have.

Indeed, let's see what other members of this forum will have to say in regards to this topic. :)

----------

No, this doesn't exist.

You might want to consider the 100% effective policy of abstinence.
Frankly, I certainly strongly prefer surgical castration and hormone replacement therapy to abstinence from peniis-in-vagina sex with all fertile and potentially fertile women for the rest of my life. Seriously.

Last edited:
Indeed, let's see what other members of this forum will have to say in regards to this topic. :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Insurance/comments/3f9cdm/is_there_any_insurance_which_completely_covers/

No; unless you could prove it was malpractice on the physician's part there isn't any coverage I'm aware of for this. I would assume any physician would require you sign an acknowledgement that a vasectomy can reverse itself in rare cases and you need to have follow up checks to see if you're still fertile. It would be unlikely in my opinion to win any such case.

Random story from one of my carriers: if you're on a work trip and you get a woman pregnant your company's workers compensation will end up paying for it. This is from a California-based policy.

No; unless you could prove it was malpractice on the physician's part there isn't any coverage I'm aware of for this.

Really? An insurance company such as Lloyd's wouldn't be willing to create such an insurance policy for this?

I would assume any physician would require you sign an acknowledgement that a vasectomy can reverse itself in rare cases and you need to have follow up checks to see if you're still fertile. It would be unlikely in my opinion to win any such case.

I was talking about insurance rather than about lawsuits here, though.

Also, what about removing the entire vas deferens and the entire epididymis? Would that be 100% effective?

Random story from one of my carriers: if you're on a work trip and you get a woman pregnant your company's workers compensation will end up paying for it.

All 18+ years of child support? If so, then why exactly?

This is from a California-based policy.

From exactly which California-based policy, though?

Back