Choosing an Agency Name for Those Going Independent

AgencyEquity

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
An agency may choose any name within the guidelines (if any) of their state’s Department of Insurance. In most cases, owners use their own name, i.e., “Bill Jones Insurance Services.” This is probably the best way to go in most cases, especially for the name recognition and continuity from your previous affiliation. One exception to this would be if you want to specialize in something, and if your previous affiliation is irrelevant to your new start-up agency. Then you’d want an agency name that would be easily connected with the industry of your specialization, such as “CPA Practice Insurance Services” or “Garbage Haulers Insurance Services.” Another option is to name an agency after the community you serve, such as “Del Mar Insurance Services.” However, this may not be ideal for someone who is established and wants the continuity of his or her name recognition. As long as you are within your state’s guidelines, you can be as creative as you want to be — but keep in mind that your agency name should be a strategic decision. It is one key element among many in helping you grow your business.

AE's random posts have chased me from a different forum, now I see him posting the same stuff here.......

great!

Back