Choosing an IMO and Having More Than a Few

squeed

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
If you try out new IMO's or use several dozen, doesn't it become a issue when you are using 20 different IMOs and you have your clients spread all over the place ?

How do you keep track ? Is it easy to move your clients from one IMO to another ?

-S

If you try out new IMO's or use several dozen, doesn't it become a issue when you are using 20 different IMOs and you have your clients spread all over the place ?

How do you keep track ? Is it easy to move your clients from one IMO to another ?

-S
Why do you want to contract with many IMOs in the first place?
Most agents contract with 2 or more IMOs just to get the best products or commission to their belt.
But how much business you would do if you have many companies and products you offer? In many cases, you will only concentrate a few good companies and good area you feel comfortable to work with.

There is no reason to use a whole bunch of IMO's. Choose one IMO that will provide you with tremendous service, training and support, then give them all your business. Don't worry about if you can get a few more bucks for being finickey with your IMO's and jumping around, your loyalty will pay off long term with a solid relationship with a dependable group. I've said it before, and will say it again, I am loyal to Sellin Advisor Group Sellin Advisor Group, Inc. - Home.

Good luck
Portland Car Insurance, Portland Life Insurance, Portland Health Insurance

You don't want to have numerous IMOs and you don't want to have all your eggs in one basket either.

Search this forum and see who others recommend and always ask about there release policy.

You don't want to have numerous IMOs and you don't want to have all your eggs in one basket either.

Search this forum and see who others recommend and always ask about there release policy.

Good advice Jarodd. A front-end release is very important. No sense in continuing a relationship that is not fruitful.

I personally offer front-end releases with every agent I deal with. I have never had one that wanted a release; but it is there none the less.

I don't write policies with IMO's, I write them directly through the carrier, as I assume most of us do. We have IMO/FMO's because that is the only way for most of us to get appt to a specific carrier. I have appts at 5 or 6 of them, but for the most part I deal directly with the insurance companies for everything. Am I missing some important service the IMo/FMO is offering? I use their information on their websites when I find it relevant, and some of them have quote engines and product comparisons, but that is all internet stuff and pretty impersonal.

Back