Church Covering Members??

Apr 5, 2016

1. rclark94

rclark94 New Member

I have a Pastor who has reached out to me seeking life insurance policies on some of his younger members. The church has experienced a few deaths over the past year and the costs of final expenses keep falling on the church putting a strain on their finances.

The Pastor wants to get policies on all the youth not covered by a parent's policy.

I'm not sure how to structure this (if at all) from an insurable interest approach.

Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.

2. Baseball7

Baseball7 Guru

Hold a meet&eat after church and get people covered by the families themselves.

3. NewbieNewbie

NewbieNewbie Super Genius

State:
    Alabama
    I agee, but i would also suspect this will not happen unless the church members are willing to both apply and pay.

4. goillini52

goillini52 MAGA...Eat More Bacon & BUILD THAT WALL!!!

State:
    Illinois

Don't you mean apply and pray?:)

5. jmurph

jmurph New Member

What state are you in? How are the members going to pay or is the church going to pay for their policies??

jmurph, Apr 6, 2016
  6. NinjaNic

NinjaNic Guru

State:
    Texas
    Walk away. I've seen contracts terminated for this kind of business. Just my $.02

7. insuranceconceptscindy

insuranceconceptscindy Guru

State:
    Nevada
    I think if you have the pastor and other family members involved in the conversation/presentation, you may get some business out of it. Like Baseball7 said- bring food and make it a little fun, or host it at a restaurant. Sometimes a little family/peer pressure will encourage others to apply. I'm pretty sure if the pastor straight up tells them that the church can't afford to take care of your final expenses and you need to be responsible for it, they will do it.