Church Presentation for FE

kencan

Expert
I saw an old classmate from college recently at a reunion. We live in the same city. He referred me to the assistant pastor at his church . When I called the pastor for an appointment he (the pastor) requested that I provide him with an outline for a generic educational seminar for the product(s) I wish to offer. The concerns I want to bring to the congregation's attention deal with the expenses families are faced with when a family member dies. I want to speak to the need for FE planning; and also the health plan options available to Medicare recipients. My classmate mentioned that several individuals in the congregation are of Medicare age.
How should I proceed with my planning for this presentation? Thank you.

If you include the use of FE for charitable giving to the church along with the other FE needs, you might get a better response from the ministers or the church boards.

I would do a presentation primarily focusing on SPWL as a way to increase a person's savings along with leaving money to the church.

Rick

Dont listen to Rick, hes fixated on spwl. My uncle does the church fe thing. He takes 2-4 pastors out to dinner to talk about church issues. He asks them about funerals and if people will pass the hat around.
He mentions all the benefits of life insurance in addition to helping his church bretheren avoid the embarassment of passing the hat, they can make tge church a beneficiary....$$
He asks for a moment of the congregations time after service, and he will pass out the cards down the rows, he used the legacy planning cards, and then calls to set appointments during the week. Gets a good amount of leads but alot of younger families also.
If your gonna fo this make sure you have a SOC campaign set up to minimize lapses.

Let's say a person wants to make their church the beneficiary. Do you just list the church on the app or is there additional paperwork?

Let's say a person wants to make their church the beneficiary. Do you just list the church on the app or is there additional paperwork?
If you are just wanting to make the church beneficiary, all you have to do is list it on the app.. If you also make the church the owner of the policy, then you can receive a tax deduction for the premiums you pay.

Back