CI / Accident....Who's the Best?

TonyC

Guru
100+ Post Club
I've been reviewing this product type and have started reading about it.

There are several Companies out there and from what i've read...some are very tough when it comes to paying out claims.

The companies i have seen are:

-Colorado Bankers
-AIG
-AHCO

Anyone have experience with these companies...or recommend another?

I know that CB offers a stand alone policy....not sure about the others...

thanks in advance...

~T

Have you had claims paid with AHCO? I looked them up and one link (I know this thread is for accident and ci but . . .) I found was this. abc30.com: Maternity Medical Insurance Rip-Off - Consumer Health - Fresno 4/22/08 Maybe totally unfounded but not good press. And there are a lot more articles like it. What I can't find is any listing of participating providers. The accident plans look decent enough but they advertise the maternity plan on the same page.

Have you had claims paid with AHCO? I looked them up and one link (I know this thread is for accident and ci but . . .) I found was this. abc30.com: Maternity Medical Insurance Rip-Off - Consumer Health - Fresno 4/22/08 Maybe totally unfounded but not good press. And there are a lot more articles like it. What I can't find is any listing of participating providers. The accident plans look decent enough but they advertise the maternity plan on the same page.

The accident plan pays anywhere, in or out of network.
Yes, it's like two separate companies. My clients have had accident claims paid with no hassles. Texas is the only state to file for maternity card in their history and from what I hear they (AHCO) are preparing their case in defense.

There were tons of negative hits with the maternity card - from new stories (the one i pasted is in cali) to postings on maternity forums, yahoo answers etc. They should really seperate the two.

Back