CIC or CPIA ???

Hello,
I am a bit confused on what to take. I have about a year in with P&C. I have my brokers license I work for an independent agency and the agreement after a few years is that he will help me get into his group and start on my own after I make him some money of coarse along the way. The only problem has been that from day one I was pretty much hired and he patted me on the back and said go get em tiger lol. I am making mistakes that I think I could avoid if I just had some more education. He literally does not teach me anything lol. And he is terrible at customer service and has zero systems in place so I am doomed from the start. He is very good at bringing in new business however. I have the basics of course but I really need to fully understand everything. I can only read so much on my own.

So my problem is i don't know what course is right for me. I will own my own agency one day and i want to be very versed in everything I sell. What do most people do first or what recommendations would you guys have?

PLEASE HELP LOL:goofy:

I'm a L&H guy, not P&C. That said, the vast majority of designation courses are academic in nature (which you need), but you also need to get up, running, and functional as soon as possible.

If it were me, I'd probably start with the multi-line insurance course from the FSCP designation from The American College: Academics - Insurance Education - FSCP - Financial Services Certified Professional - The American College

The rest of the FSCP may be very applicable, but you'll have to judge that for yourself.

As far as other P&C designations, the only two that I've heard of are CPCU and CIC. I haven't heard of CPIA, so I can't comment on that.

Hope this helps.

Back