Cigar and Pipe Smokers

Report: Maryland Health Plans, Health Solutions Agency, John Petrowski

Category: Employers
Maryland Health Plans, Health Solutions Agency, John Petrowski RIPPED OFF BY THIS EMPLOYER Odenton Maryland

Rebuttal Box
Respond to this report!

Are you an owner, employee or ex-employee with either negative or positive information about the company or can you provide "insider information" on this company?

Maryland Health Plans, Health Solutions Agency, John Petrowski

Phone: 410-874-7241
Fax:

marylandquotes.com
Odenton, Maryland,
U.S.A.

Submitted: 1/20/2008 11:55:53 AM

Modified: 1/20/2008 11:56:00 AM
Lisa

Columbia, Maryland

I started working for John Petrowski who owns the Health Insurance Agency at the end of Oct 2007. We agreed and signed a contract that I would be performing telemarketing services for a rate of $12/hr. Pay was to be made weekly on Friday. I signed a W-4 form and a legally binding contract regarding our agreement. John paid me for 3 weeks and then suddenly stopped. He initially said the check was in the mail and then it was lost. He promised to hand deliver it to me if it wasn't received by a certain date but never followed through. Then he alleged that he had problems with the IRS and they had frozen his account. He told another employee, whom he also owes money to, that he and his wife were getting a divorce and she was taking him to the cleaners and he was broke. All of this information was never true. He just did not want to pay us. John owes me $256 for 12 hrs worked plus an additional $186 for bonuses I earned for him. I know of at least 3. There are probably more but he will never tell me. He has promised time and again I would receive my pay and never followed through to give it to me. I am a single mother of 3 [COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]small [/FONT][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]children[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] and counted on that pay. He has stolen services from me with no intent on paying. I want the money he owes me immediately. I am taking him to court for failure to pay and theft of services. You cannot employ someone and promise to pay them and never do. It's theft in my opinion. He will not get away with this. He has promised me since Dec. 14, 2007 that he would pay me and this was from Nov. 25, 2007 that we're going back he owes me pay. It is now January 20, 2008 and he has made no attempts at pay, only false promises and lies. Stay far away from this man. He is a smooth talker and tells you what you want to hear. He lies habitually and refuses to face up to his problems.

Lisa
Columbia, Maryland
U.S.A.

I seem to remember one insurance company which asked specifically about "Cigarette Smoking", but most companies do consider any sort of tobacco use the same as cigarette smoking.

Dave

Some life carriers will allow 1 cigar per month and be consider a non smoker. Yet I guarantee you, if you smoke that little why even put it down, no one is going to believe that you only smoke one cigar a month.

Some life carriers will allow 1 cigar per month and be consider a non smoker. Yet I guarantee you, if you smoke that little why even put it down, no one is going to believe that you only smoke one cigar a month.

Beleive this or not... I have a client who is a doctor who smokes 1 cigar (Cuban by the way) at a monthly poker game. When he bought coverage from me he insisted on putting it on the app as well as the scuba diving he does on VACATION in the islands once a year.

Did he pay a higher premium because of the risk factors? yes... Is he happy? Absolutely...

His wife looked like she could smack him one and said... He is always so damned honest!

A bit of an uncomfortable moment for all involved, but alls good... policy still in place.

Back