Cigna and Wellpoint Med Supp.

heartburn

Expert
Does anyone sell Med Supp for Cigna or Wellpoint? I was considering these two but would like some feedback first.

I didnt know cigna had a med supp. but i use wellpoint (anthem) in ohio. i rarely use them, but their underwriting is very easy to get someone approved and you know the rate up front. I have had better success getting someone through anthem with what i quoted over saying i can get you approved with aarp but i cant give you an exact rate today because of your health conditions. That being said i never sell anthem unless i cant get them in with GPM , Forethought, or within the 3 year rule with uhc. their prices are not competitive on a level underwritten playing field.

Cigna Medigap showed up on my quote engine the other day and I was surprised. I recall reading several months ago they would be getting in that market. Seems like they bought a Medigap carrier.

Their rates in GA were not in the hunt.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Cigna quoting through Loyal American in GA. I assume the same in other states.

Last edited:
somarco said:
Cigna Medigap showed up on my quote engine the other day and I was surprised. I recall reading several months ago they would be getting in that market. Seems like they bought a Medigap carrier.

Yes Cigna bought most of Great Americans med Supp companies. I forget which ones they left behind but loyal is definitely one they bought.

somarco said:

Does anyone have a contract/commission schedule for Great American/Cigna or WellPoint med supp. That they would be willing to share?

Back