Cigna Application Problems

taterpeeler

Guru
5000 Post Club
Ok, hate to trash a carrier but lets see how this one goes. Cigna has had rate adjustment that place them right at the top of the food chain on price here in the only great state. This low cost has seen me recomending Cigna more and more but problems are poping up, is this happining to you?

The problem is the application. I do not fill out applications for my clients I just create the "account" on the cigna website and provide the client with the user name and password to log in and start their application. In the past 10 days I have submitted 7 applications to cigna and 4 of them the client has selected the incorrect plan which causes me to call cigna and change the plan and a plan change takes 14 biz days.

since the client gets approved withon about a week the client get issused on the goofy incorrect plan and then waits for the change to happen. last month this happened and it took 30 days to correct it due to a "dropped ball" on cignas end. I just dont have the time to monkey with adminn errors.

anyone else?

I was just told by the cigna sales support when I called to make the change that the application had to be "withdrawn and start over" I think I said something like you are full of ^&%$ and hung up... all the other ones were handled differently..... right hand dosent know the name of the left hand

I was just told by the cigna sales support when I called to make the change that the application had to be "withdrawn and start over" I think I said something like you are full of ^&%$ and hung up... all the other ones were handled differently..... right hand dosent know the name of the left hand

hahahahaha,,,,,just got a call from my Cigna rep checking in on me ...telling me I have one app in underwriting and if there was any thing he could do....so I read him this thread.....

Regardless of the carrier, I NEVER tell a client to make plan changes until AFTER the app is underwritten.

It almost always causes problems.

They can change the plan after it is approved and with most carriers, up to 60 days after issue without triggering new underwriting. At that time it is a relatively simple administrative change.

BTW, very few carrier online apps work with Mac. They also don't play well with Chrome or Firefox.

At some companies (Assurant, Goldenrule), each plan is underwritten differently, and would require new underwriting, or an adjustment in the rate up based on the new plan benefits and pre-ex. I always change the plan right away once the error is known.

Back